You're not going to find too many of them down The Broadway - sheep? - now that's a different matterLounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ?![]()
They can be just as dangerous.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trialling new dog warning cards.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
If you were taking care then you wouldn't be misdelivering. I'm not saying that mistakes are not going to happen but a very visual, laminated and predominantly red card, with no stampage etc. posted through a letterbox is 100% postie error. If you flick through the mail at each delivery point as you are required to do then those errors should not be commonplace. If the hazard cards are placed into the RM2000 prior to bundling, then even with double slotted streets every card should be either the first or last item per delivery point.dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
Additionally as stated in both this and the previous referenced thread, this system has already been implemented in Wales and proved highly effective. This would suggest that misdeliveries did not prove to be a decisive factor in preventing the wider implementation of the system, (simply an instant barrier put up in an attempt to justify failure to accept change).
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
Not from the information that I got (from a H&S manager), just a reduction in reports because the DOM doesn't want to rock the boat.Himaggen wrote:If you were taking care then you wouldn't be misdelivering. I'm not saying that mistakes are not going to happen but a very visual, laminated and predominantly red card, with no stampage etc. posted through a letterbox is 100% postie error. If you flick through the mail at each delivery point as you are required to do then those errors should not be commonplace. If the hazard cards are placed into the RM2000 prior to bundling, then even with double slotted streets every card should be either the first or last item per delivery point.dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
Additionally as stated in both this and the previous referenced thread, this system has already been implemented in Wales and proved highly effective. This would suggest that misdeliveries did not prove to be a decisive factor in preventing the wider implementation of the system, (simply an instant barrier put up in an attempt to justify failure to accept change).
Plus, been in my office for years, has had no effect because people don't have time and the managers never bothered to update the lists (not to mention undreds of dogs that come and go sometimes on a weekly basis).
As Teebs said, it's just a box ticking exercise that allows RM to look as if they are doing something and again something to blame us on.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
Christ it must be wonderful to be perfect - whereas I with my many failings have misdelivered dozens of times - I may have been delivering mail but I was thinking of boning Kylie at the time. As for RM trials that have been reportedly succesfulHimaggen wrote:If you were taking care then you wouldn't be misdelivering. I'm not saying that mistakes are not going to happen but a very visual, laminated and predominantly red card, with no stampage etc. posted through a letterbox is 100% postie error. If you flick through the mail at each delivery point as you are required to do then those errors should not be commonplace. If the hazard cards are placed into the RM2000 prior to bundling, then even with double slotted streets every card should be either the first or last item per delivery point.dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
Additionally as stated in both this and the previous referenced thread, this system has already been implemented in Wales and proved highly effective. This would suggest that misdeliveries did not prove to be a decisive factor in preventing the wider implementation of the system, (simply an instant barrier put up in an attempt to justify failure to accept change).
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
Damn right - he says having met a few out in our "countries"Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ?![]()
They can be just as dangerous.
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
Why not just assume there is a rotweiller at each house. If you keep your fingers out of letterboxes, stay away from entering the back gardens, you have a reasonable chance of staying safe, without any guarantee. No one has the time to look at dog paws on a frame, read the walk logs, carry cards around, and the facts are we cannot be 100% honed into our jobs all the time, we all get carried away by other thoughts as we deliver, as we are basically doing a repetitive boring job.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
Dare I ask what you was thinking about TTTeeferTiger wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.I've delivered a keepsafe card once...
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
Probable answer dvbuk55 is KEEPING SAFE.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
Wellllllll that's quite boring Brother - bet I could come up with loads of alternativesbrothermagrew wrote:Probable answer dvbuk55 is KEEPING SAFE.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
Could'nt find one for geese, will this one do?Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ?![]()
They can be just as dangerous.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
I'm going to print that offStormproof wrote:Could'nt find one for geese, will this one do?Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ?![]()
They can be just as dangerous.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.
I was trying to be discreet ..........but the truth will out.Stormproof wrote:Could'nt find one for geese, will this one do?Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ?![]()
They can be just as dangerous.