ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trialling new dog warning cards.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ? :shock:
They can be just as dangerous. :sad:
You're not going to find too many of them down The Broadway - sheep? - now that's a different matter :cuppa
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by Himaggen »

dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
If you were taking care then you wouldn't be misdelivering. I'm not saying that mistakes are not going to happen but a very visual, laminated and predominantly red card, with no stampage etc. posted through a letterbox is 100% postie error. If you flick through the mail at each delivery point as you are required to do then those errors should not be commonplace. If the hazard cards are placed into the RM2000 prior to bundling, then even with double slotted streets every card should be either the first or last item per delivery point.

Additionally as stated in both this and the previous referenced thread, this system has already been implemented in Wales and proved highly effective. This would suggest that misdeliveries did not prove to be a decisive factor in preventing the wider implementation of the system, (simply an instant barrier put up in an attempt to justify failure to accept change).
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by DGP1 »

Himaggen wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
If you were taking care then you wouldn't be misdelivering. I'm not saying that mistakes are not going to happen but a very visual, laminated and predominantly red card, with no stampage etc. posted through a letterbox is 100% postie error. If you flick through the mail at each delivery point as you are required to do then those errors should not be commonplace. If the hazard cards are placed into the RM2000 prior to bundling, then even with double slotted streets every card should be either the first or last item per delivery point.

Additionally as stated in both this and the previous referenced thread, this system has already been implemented in Wales and proved highly effective. This would suggest that misdeliveries did not prove to be a decisive factor in preventing the wider implementation of the system, (simply an instant barrier put up in an attempt to justify failure to accept change).
Not from the information that I got (from a H&S manager), just a reduction in reports because the DOM doesn't want to rock the boat.

Plus, been in my office for years, has had no effect because people don't have time and the managers never bothered to update the lists (not to mention undreds of dogs that come and go sometimes on a weekly basis).

As Teebs said, it's just a box ticking exercise that allows RM to look as if they are doing something and again something to blame us on.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by dvbuk55 »

Himaggen wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
If you were taking care then you wouldn't be misdelivering. I'm not saying that mistakes are not going to happen but a very visual, laminated and predominantly red card, with no stampage etc. posted through a letterbox is 100% postie error. If you flick through the mail at each delivery point as you are required to do then those errors should not be commonplace. If the hazard cards are placed into the RM2000 prior to bundling, then even with double slotted streets every card should be either the first or last item per delivery point.

Additionally as stated in both this and the previous referenced thread, this system has already been implemented in Wales and proved highly effective. This would suggest that misdeliveries did not prove to be a decisive factor in preventing the wider implementation of the system, (simply an instant barrier put up in an attempt to justify failure to accept change).
Christ it must be wonderful to be perfect - whereas I with my many failings have misdelivered dozens of times - I may have been delivering mail but I was thinking of boning Kylie at the time. As for RM trials that have been reportedly succesful :left: :left: :left:
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by RedBagMan »

Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ? :shock:
They can be just as dangerous. :sad:
Damn right - he says having met a few out in our "countries"
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by Lincox »

Why not just assume there is a rotweiller at each house. If you keep your fingers out of letterboxes, stay away from entering the back gardens, you have a reasonable chance of staying safe, without any guarantee. No one has the time to look at dog paws on a frame, read the walk logs, carry cards around, and the facts are we cannot be 100% honed into our jobs all the time, we all get carried away by other thoughts as we deliver, as we are basically doing a repetitive boring job.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
:oops: I've delivered a keepsafe card once...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by dvbuk55 »

TeeferTiger wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I'd like to see the card - who hasn't misdelivered a redirection or keepsafe card in the past - I can only suggest that it could cause some problems if a homeowner who has a dog getting a badly worded card in reference to his beloved pet.
:oops: I've delivered a keepsafe card once...
Dare I ask what you was thinking about TT :chuckle
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by brothermagrew »

Probable answer dvbuk55 is KEEPING SAFE.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by dvbuk55 »

brothermagrew wrote:Probable answer dvbuk55 is KEEPING SAFE.
Wellllllll that's quite boring Brother - bet I could come up with loads of alternatives :nervous
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by Stormproof »

Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ? :shock:
They can be just as dangerous. :sad:
Could'nt find one for geese, will this one do?
Image
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ? :shock:
They can be just as dangerous. :sad:
Could'nt find one for geese, will this one do?
Image
I'm going to print that off :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Trialling new dog warning cards.

Post by dvbuk55 »

Stormproof wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:And will there be a similar one for geese ? :shock:
They can be just as dangerous. :sad:
Could'nt find one for geese, will this one do?
Image
I was trying to be discreet ..........but the truth will out.