ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

getting grief for being older.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: getting grief for being older.

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
I'm not quite sure what "in line with relevant legislation" means in this context, you would presume it means DDA because I don't know of any legislation to adjudicate between a fast or slow worker.
It could cover disability,sex or age.all three or none of the above.
We did agree that this agreement's main weakness was it's vagueness DV. :chuckle
Vagueness I'm all too familiar with ft - well of late, I set off down the garden to one of the three sheds only to find that by the time I'm halfway there, not only have I forgotten which shed but what it was I was going for in the first place. :chuckle I may put myself down for negotiator next time.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: getting grief for being older.

Post by RedBagMan »

dvbuk55 wrote: Vagueness I'm all too familiar with ft - well of late, I set off down the garden to one of the three sheds only to find that by the time I'm halfway there, not only have I forgotten which shed but what it was I was going for in the first place. :chuckle I may put myself down for negotiator next time.
... and this chap only had two ...

Image

:chuckle
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: getting grief for being older.

Post by wheresourmoney »

R@YAL F@IL wrote:
wheresourmoney wrote:Hi everyone, we have a lad at work who, because he is older (61) than his loop partner(24) is being harrased by our dom for not keeping up with his partner, his loop partner has not informed on him, acording to the union they were being watched by managment,i read on this site recently that royal mail have finally excepted the fact that being older does make you slower than someone younger,trouble is i cant find where that info came from does anyone have any idea where i can get a copy (if one exists). Many thanks
Is it that you are NOT completing your duties on time?
He is going over 2-3 times a week and acording to the rep, managment have been sitting outside his house convinced he has been going home.
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: getting grief for being older.

Post by woofwoof »

wheresourmoney wrote:
R@YAL F@IL wrote:
wheresourmoney wrote:Hi everyone, we have a lad at work who, because he is older (61) than his loop partner(24) is being harrased by our dom for not keeping up with his partner, his loop partner has not informed on him, acording to the union they were being watched by managment,i read on this site recently that royal mail have finally excepted the fact that being older does make you slower than someone younger,trouble is i cant find where that info came from does anyone have any idea where i can get a copy (if one exists). Many thanks
Is it that you are NOT completing your duties on time?
He is going over 2-3 times a week and acording to the rep, managment have been sitting outside his house convinced he has been going home.

is that not aH1 form