ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Infrasound can cause bizarre effects, including nausea, extreme fear or awe, anxiety and chills. Researchers also believe it affects vision by causing vibrations of the eyeball.
There must be some sort of generator on the front door of my office because I have those symptoms :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by dvbuk55 »

Der der der der der der der der................who you gonna call GHOST BUSTERS

And are you sure it's postypie and not something else?
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by pinstripe »

My office was exorcised by the local white witch. It didn't work though. There is still a strange entity that appears every couple of days or so, leaves people feeling uneasy, then disappears.

It's either a ghost or the DOM , I'm not sure which, but it's white and eerie! :shock: :nervous
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by steven100 »

What's the cwu protocol regards to ghosts? Do we treat them like dogs in gardens......don't enter. :Very Happy :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by dvbuk55 »

steven100 wrote:What's the cwu protocol regards to ghosts? Do we treat them like dogs in gardens......don't enter. :Very Happy :Very Happy
Ghosts and the CWU :hmmmm I think the protocol is "take their money and totally ignore them" :cuppa
madmartin
Posts: 153
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by madmartin »

Maybe this guy was trying royal mails new idea for faster deliveries, walking through walls.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by BELIAL »

dvbuk55 wrote:
steven100 wrote:What's the cwu protocol regards to ghosts? Do we treat them like dogs in gardens......don't enter. :Very Happy :Very Happy
Ghosts and the CWU :hmmmm I think the protocol is "take their money and totally ignore them" :cuppa
The good news for recent recruits is -even if your office is festooned with the spectral apparitions of postmen with their BSA Bantams ,seniority no longer applies.
Bye
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by post_bitch »

madmartin wrote:Maybe this guy was trying royal mails new idea for faster deliveries, walking through walls.
Image
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy Probably just IB. Having said that-----------------BOO!
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by Caniel »

I've never seen a ghost in my life. Not saying I don't believe in them, I just trust my own eyes and ears. I do see plenty of odd things out the corner of my eye from time to time but when I turn to look nothing is there so it's obviously nothing. Why is it always people see "ghosts" out the corner of their eyes or in dark poorly lit areas, or when they are drunk/tired/half-asleep/over worked?
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by OnAFlyer »

gfboots wrote:I believe in ghosts,all a ghost is ,is that somone has died there and refuses to go into the tunnel----just tell him/her to go through the tunnel!! he might think he is still alive!(they cant hurt you!).
The Dartford Tunnel?

And of course they can't hurt you, because they don't exist, just as the afterlife, heaven, hell, god, colleague shares and bonuses don't exist.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by Theghost »

It was me,WoOoOoOoOoOoOoOooOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Johnny Remo
Posts: 48
Joined: 14 Sep 2011, 07:24
Gender: Male

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by Johnny Remo »

You must be crazy to believe in ghosts. Isn't there a clause in our contracts that says insanity can be a reason for dismissal?

Oh, wait a minute - I'm wrong...



....there's no Sanity Clause...



...coat on, door open...
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by crazyshrew »

I saw Gloria Gaynor's ghost on delivery once

At first I was afraid, I was petrified!

but she told me i will survive!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: I think i saw a ghost today on delivery....

Post by clashcityrocker »

Once in the Mail Centre I thought I saw a Ghost in the Machine.
Should I have called The Police?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.