ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by Big Daz »

Got given mine on Friday Lunchtime, brought it home and filled it and posted it back yesterday.
patrickstar
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 133
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 07:30

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by patrickstar »

i noticed there is a ref number this year in the form. i am concerned that royal mail could use this ref number a a way of tracing back your comments to the individual
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by mailmonkey »

patrickstar wrote:i noticed there is a ref number this year in the form. i am concerned that royal mail could use this ref number a a way of tracing back your comments to the individual
That's a good point...are the forms being handed out individually to staff...i.e.has management had a chance to note who gets what form?

I'm not sure whether they'd be allowed to persecute you for something you said on a "have your say" type survey...data protection act could come into play?

Does it say on the forms thay are private and confidential? Or that all information given will be treatest in the strictest of confidence, or other wording to that effect?
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by P13 »

patrickstar wrote:i noticed there is a ref number this year in the form. i am concerned that royal mail could use this ref number a a way of tracing back your comments to the individual
I think the reference number only identifies the office
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by Big Daz »

I dont think it identifies the individual but the section of RM Group the individual works in. How deeply it penetrates I dont know, that info was not given on the forms.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by fishtank »

It's an official MORI poll.
What could go wrong? :left:
You lot are crediting management with far too much intelligence.
If you signed it,left a picture of you signing it,fingerprints and some DNA these clowns couldn't work it out.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by Blue29 »

All part timers at my DO have not been given chance to fill out the form.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

All HYS forms have had numbers on them, it, as far as I know helps the collators do 2 things.

1. Identify the number and percentage of returns.

2. Identify the function and office, where applicable

As FT says it would be far too burdensome to either link individuals to particular serial numbers, or to expect the manager to know which form a particular member of staff completed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
BoltonPostie
Posts: 328
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
Gender: Male
Location: Up s**t creek.

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by BoltonPostie »

fishtank wrote:It's an official MORI poll.
What could go wrong? :left:
You lot are crediting management with far too much intelligence.
If you signed it,left a picture of you signing it,fingerprints and some DNA these clowns couldn't work it out.
Well they are lizards so I wouldn't put anything past them.
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by dvbuk55 »

I filled mine in and returned it through the post box, I told the truth because I cannot tell a lie, everyone knows that.

I praised the management teams at all levels, I praised the BT2010 and the fairness inbuilt in the system, I went overboard on the praise for the understanding when the work needs to be culled due to time constraints.............all in all I believe I was, well, :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle bullshi*ting.

These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.
Do you work in my office :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.
Do you work in my office :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I wish :oops:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.
Do you work in my office :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I wish :oops:
We'll always have the naughty room :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by clashcityrocker »

The style and language of any comment you leave could easily identify an individual in a smaller office.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:The style and language of any comment you leave could easily identify an individual in a smaller office.
Why not alter your writing style?
Perhaps Vladimir Nabokov,Miguel Cervantes or even Edgar Allan Poe?
Quoth the Lino. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share