ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
Got given mine on Friday Lunchtime, brought it home and filled it and posted it back yesterday.
-
patrickstar
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 07:30
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
i noticed there is a ref number this year in the form. i am concerned that royal mail could use this ref number a a way of tracing back your comments to the individual
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
That's a good point...are the forms being handed out individually to staff...i.e.has management had a chance to note who gets what form?patrickstar wrote:i noticed there is a ref number this year in the form. i am concerned that royal mail could use this ref number a a way of tracing back your comments to the individual
I'm not sure whether they'd be allowed to persecute you for something you said on a "have your say" type survey...data protection act could come into play?
Does it say on the forms thay are private and confidential? Or that all information given will be treatest in the strictest of confidence, or other wording to that effect?
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
I think the reference number only identifies the officepatrickstar wrote:i noticed there is a ref number this year in the form. i am concerned that royal mail could use this ref number a a way of tracing back your comments to the individual
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
I dont think it identifies the individual but the section of RM Group the individual works in. How deeply it penetrates I dont know, that info was not given on the forms.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
It's an official MORI poll.
What could go wrong?
You lot are crediting management with far too much intelligence.
If you signed it,left a picture of you signing it,fingerprints and some DNA these clowns couldn't work it out.
What could go wrong?
You lot are crediting management with far too much intelligence.
If you signed it,left a picture of you signing it,fingerprints and some DNA these clowns couldn't work it out.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Blue29
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
All part timers at my DO have not been given chance to fill out the form.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
All HYS forms have had numbers on them, it, as far as I know helps the collators do 2 things.
1. Identify the number and percentage of returns.
2. Identify the function and office, where applicable
As FT says it would be far too burdensome to either link individuals to particular serial numbers, or to expect the manager to know which form a particular member of staff completed.
1. Identify the number and percentage of returns.
2. Identify the function and office, where applicable
As FT says it would be far too burdensome to either link individuals to particular serial numbers, or to expect the manager to know which form a particular member of staff completed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
BoltonPostie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up s**t creek.
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
Well they are lizards so I wouldn't put anything past them.fishtank wrote:It's an official MORI poll.
What could go wrong?![]()
You lot are crediting management with far too much intelligence.
If you signed it,left a picture of you signing it,fingerprints and some DNA these clowns couldn't work it out.
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
I filled mine in and returned it through the post box, I told the truth because I cannot tell a lie, everyone knows that.
I praised the management teams at all levels, I praised the BT2010 and the fairness inbuilt in the system, I went overboard on the praise for the understanding when the work needs to be culled due to time constraints.............all in all I believe I was, well,
bullshi*ting.
These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.
I praised the management teams at all levels, I praised the BT2010 and the fairness inbuilt in the system, I went overboard on the praise for the understanding when the work needs to be culled due to time constraints.............all in all I believe I was, well,
These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
Do you work in my officedvbuk55 wrote:
These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
I wishDGP1 wrote:Do you work in my officedvbuk55 wrote:
These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.![]()
![]()
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
We'll always have the naughty roomdvbuk55 wrote:I wishDGP1 wrote:Do you work in my officedvbuk55 wrote:
These things are a complete waste of time, they are a follow on to the personal appraisals of years ago. We once had a woman from RM at our office speaking to individuals on a one to one as to why that particular survey had been so scathing of the office organisation, she wrote copious notes, nodded wisely and appropriately, reassured the people involved, of which I was one, that action would be taken and that she would return in six weeks or so to see how things had gone........................that was about twelve years ago and I haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. I think it was in an effort to stave off a spate of grievances.![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
The style and language of any comment you leave could easily identify an individual in a smaller office.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: The big survey - coming soon - do 'em
Why not alter your writing style?clashcityrocker wrote:The style and language of any comment you leave could easily identify an individual in a smaller office.
Perhaps Vladimir Nabokov,Miguel Cervantes or even Edgar Allan Poe?
Quoth the Lino.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share