ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Yet again the courier reaches another low.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
86%
Cornettos don't lurk.
Cornettos don't lurk.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Courier is out this week. What's your favourite section to read?fishtank wrote:Moya's view..3%
Latest news..7%
Letterbox..8%
Competitions..5%
I don't read the s**t..77%![]()
PS. Wall's have Cornettos.
Moya's view 2%
Latest news 2%
Letterbox 2%
Competitions 1%
I don't read Courier 93%
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Any advance on 93% ?
I'm sure there's a few members of this forum that haven't voted yet.
I'm sure there's a few members of this forum that haven't voted yet.
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Saw it get to 93%, now for some reason that poll is down...:(
Wonder how they'll spin those stats for the next edition
Wonder how they'll spin those stats for the next edition
-
oypostie
- Posts: 920
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Changed the question now. Can't think why 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Now it'soypostie wrote:Changed the question now. Can't think why
"Do you like the Team GB Olympics kit?
Yes
No
I don't care so long as we win lots of medals"
How pathetic, and why not the option "I don't care and I don't care if we win any medals or not"
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Now it'sLounge Lizard wrote:oypostie wrote:Changed the question now. Can't think why
"Do you like the Team GB Olympics kit?
Yes
No
I don't care so long as we win lots of medals"
How pathetic, and why not the option "I don't care and I don't care if we win any medals or not"
Roll on next month's Courier and a bit of a typo will give us all the results :
Courier was out this week. Your favourite section to read was :
Moya's view - 93%
Latest news - 5%
Letterbox - 5%
Competitions - 5%
I don't read Courier - minus 8% ( because 8% of employees read it twice because it's so good )
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Unfortunately I missed the poll. Did just have a look at MRM and one thing I did look at was about ordering uniform online.
What is a managers core job? apart from drinking coffee, watching tv via iplayer on PC, bullying staff and how much time are the staff going to waste trying to order uniform only to be told you can't have anymore uniform this year.
Most of the ordering will be carried out by the employee, so managers are freed up to focus on their core job, and staff can order new items from their allocation as and when they need them
What is a managers core job? apart from drinking coffee, watching tv via iplayer on PC, bullying staff and how much time are the staff going to waste trying to order uniform only to be told you can't have anymore uniform this year.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Just get the manager to authorise itStormproof wrote:Unfortunately I missed the poll. Did just have a look at MRM and one thing I did look at was about ordering uniform online.Most of the ordering will be carried out by the employee, so managers are freed up to focus on their core job, and staff can order new items from their allocation as and when they need them
What is a managers core job? apart from drinking coffee, watching tv via iplayer on PC, bullying staff and how much time are the staff going to waste trying to order uniform only to be told you can't have anymore uniform this year.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
goldersboy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
do what i do,read it in the toilet and save on a few sheets of loo roll each month.not as many now as they have cut the number of pages
.after nearly 10 years in the job the only good days now are holiday leave and days off during the week

-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Core job ?Stormproof wrote:Unfortunately I missed the poll. Did just have a look at MRM and one thing I did look at was about ordering uniform online.Most of the ordering will be carried out by the employee, so managers are freed up to focus on their core job, and staff can order new items from their allocation as and when they need them
What is a managers core job? apart from drinking coffee, watching tv via iplayer on PC, bullying staff and how much time are the staff going to waste trying to order uniform only to be told you can't have anymore uniform this year.
Well, I once saw a manager eating an apple with his coffee.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
I look at the pictures and count the smiley faces with chocolate round their mouths....................well I think it's
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.
Next time they won't do that poll on line but a form printed in Courier to be sent in, thus avoiding the 93% the other 7% divided by 100 actually looking quite positivemailmonkey wrote:Saw it get to 93%, now for some reason that poll is down...:(
Wonder how they'll spin those stats for the next edition