ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by POSTMAN »

86%

Cornettos don't lurk.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fishtank wrote:Moya's view..3%
Latest news..7%
Letterbox..8%
Competitions..5%
I don't read the s**t..77% :left:

PS. Wall's have Cornettos. :neutral:
Courier is out this week. What's your favourite section to read?

Moya's view 2%

Latest news 2%

Letterbox 2%

Competitions 1%

I don't read Courier 93%
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Any advance on 93% ? :shock:
I'm sure there's a few members of this forum that haven't voted yet. :Very Happy
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by mailmonkey »

Saw it get to 93%, now for some reason that poll is down...:(

Wonder how they'll spin those stats for the next edition :left:
oypostie
Posts: 920
Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by oypostie »

Changed the question now. Can't think why :nana
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

oypostie wrote:Changed the question now. Can't think why :nana
Now it's
"Do you like the Team GB Olympics kit?
Yes
No
I don't care so long as we win lots of medals" :sad:
How pathetic, and why not the option "I don't care and I don't care if we win any medals or not" :Very Happy
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
oypostie wrote:Changed the question now. Can't think why :nana
Now it's
"Do you like the Team GB Olympics kit?
Yes
No
I don't care so long as we win lots of medals"
How pathetic, and why not the option "I don't care and I don't care if we win any medals or not" :crazy:
:crazy:
Roll on next month's Courier and a bit of a typo will give us all the results :
Courier was out this week. Your favourite section to read was :
Moya's view - 93%
Latest news - 5%
Letterbox - 5%
Competitions - 5%
I don't read Courier - minus 8% ( because 8% of employees read it twice because it's so good ) :Very Happy
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by POSTMAN »

RMC001.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by Stormproof »

Unfortunately I missed the poll. Did just have a look at MRM and one thing I did look at was about ordering uniform online.
Most of the ordering will be carried out by the employee, so managers are freed up to focus on their core job, and staff can order new items from their allocation as and when they need them

What is a managers core job? apart from drinking coffee, watching tv via iplayer on PC, bullying staff and how much time are the staff going to waste trying to order uniform only to be told you can't have anymore uniform this year.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:Unfortunately I missed the poll. Did just have a look at MRM and one thing I did look at was about ordering uniform online.
Most of the ordering will be carried out by the employee, so managers are freed up to focus on their core job, and staff can order new items from their allocation as and when they need them

What is a managers core job? apart from drinking coffee, watching tv via iplayer on PC, bullying staff and how much time are the staff going to waste trying to order uniform only to be told you can't have anymore uniform this year.
Just get the manager to authorise it :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
goldersboy
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 21:42
Gender: Female

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by goldersboy »

do what i do,read it in the toilet and save on a few sheets of loo roll each month.not as many now as they have cut the number of pages :sad: .after nearly 10 years in the job the only good days now are holiday leave and days off during the week :sad: :sad: :sad:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Stormproof wrote:Unfortunately I missed the poll. Did just have a look at MRM and one thing I did look at was about ordering uniform online.
Most of the ordering will be carried out by the employee, so managers are freed up to focus on their core job, and staff can order new items from their allocation as and when they need them

What is a managers core job? apart from drinking coffee, watching tv via iplayer on PC, bullying staff and how much time are the staff going to waste trying to order uniform only to be told you can't have anymore uniform this year.
Core job ? :shock:
Well, I once saw a manager eating an apple with his coffee. :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by dvbuk55 »

I look at the pictures and count the smiley faces with chocolate round their mouths....................well I think it's
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Yet again the courier reaches another low.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

mailmonkey wrote:Saw it get to 93%, now for some reason that poll is down...:(

Wonder how they'll spin those stats for the next edition :left:
Next time they won't do that poll on line but a form printed in Courier to be sent in, thus avoiding the 93% the other 7% divided by 100 actually looking quite positive :Very Happy True what they say about, lies damned lies and statistics. :crazy: