ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ten years service

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
buster01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 54
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 21:26
Gender: Male

Re: Ten years service

Post by buster01 »

u can pick it up on your way from the office at the end of your shift, no ceremony. then carefully place in nearest skip. what the fk you want a "thanks for takin it in the ass award" for anyway??????????????????
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Ten years service

Post by stokes11eg »

fishtank wrote:There's the crapola....
A block of plastic and a cheap pen wahey. :cuppa


Image
:Very Happy LOL all good candidates for Uniform dating.co.uk. We used to get a tie pin.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Ten years service

Post by krussel »

Thats right Stokesy a tie pin :left:

Now i remember. :roll:

I will admit to having my 10 and 20 yr framed certs propped against the wall on my computer desk. :nervous

I don’t know if I feel any pride in them or not. :hmmmm I think it shows that I have stuck at job for a long time.

Is that because iam lazy though ? Dunno
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Ten years service

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:Thats right Stokesy a tie pin :left:

Now i remember. :roll:

I will admit to having my 10 and 20 yr framed certs propped against the wall on my computer desk. :nervous

I don’t know if I feel any pride in them or not. :hmmmm I think it shows that I have stuck at job for a long time.

Is that because iam lazy though ? Dunno
Yes, it's because you are lazy :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle but does that mean all of us over 20 years are lazy :hmmmm
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Ten years service

Post by krussel »

dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:Thats right Stokesy a tie pin :left:

Now i remember. :roll:

I will admit to having my 10 and 20 yr framed certs propped against the wall on my computer desk. :nervous

I don’t know if I feel any pride in them or not. :hmmmm I think it shows that I have stuck at job for a long time.

Is that because iam lazy though ? Dunno
Yes, it's because you are lazy :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle but does that mean all of us over 20 years are lazy :hmmmm
In a way i think we are. When the job was easy it was one thing but we have kind of hung in there for the last 10 years hoping for a miracle of some sorts. In the older days, by now with 24 years, I would have been on an easy 1.45 rural instead of a 5 hr trolley slog. :confused
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Ten years service

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:Thats right Stokesy a tie pin :left:

Now i remember. :roll:

I will admit to having my 10 and 20 yr framed certs propped against the wall on my computer desk. :nervous

I don’t know if I feel any pride in them or not. :hmmmm I think it shows that I have stuck at job for a long time.

Is that because iam lazy though ? Dunno
Yes, it's because you are lazy :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle but does that mean all of us over 20 years are lazy :hmmmm
In a way i think we are. When the job was easy it was one thing but we have kind of hung in there for the last 10 years hoping for a miracle of some sorts. In the older days, by now with 24 years, I would have been on an easy 1.45 rural instead of a 5 hr trolley slog. :confused
Well I'd love to use that myself but I have always been lazy, not for the last ten years but for the last 50 years - I even had an easy paper round :chuckle :chuckle
PostieWithTheMostie!
Posts: 322
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
Gender: Male

Re: Ten years service

Post by PostieWithTheMostie! »

How many years Service on Death~Row before you get an extra weeks holiday, bringing your Hols up to 5 weeks per year??? Is it 10 years, 15 or 20???
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Ten years service

Post by dvbuk55 »

After 20 years its 6 weeks.
haveagojoe
Posts: 159
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 18:14
Gender: Male
Location: You Guess

Re: Ten years service

Post by haveagojoe »

Cheap pen, cheap picture frame and loss of my seniorority due to this stupid revision. :evil/mad :evil/mad
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Ten years service

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:After 20 years its 6 weeks.
Just buy them FFS, I've had 6 since not long after I started............love having leave :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Ten years service

Post by POSTMAN »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:After 20 years its 6 weeks.
Just buy them FFS, I've had 6 since not long after I started............love having leave :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Yeah but...actually forget it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Ten years service

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:After 20 years its 6 weeks.
Just buy them FFS, I've had 6 since not long after I started............love having leave :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Yeah but...actually forget it.
That would be both of us getting that moan :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Ten years service

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:After 20 years its 6 weeks.
Just buy them FFS, I've had 6 since not long after I started............love having leave :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Yeah but...actually forget it.
That would be both of us getting that moan :wink:
Well I couldn't afford to pay for them :whistle and the system wasn't running when I joined and of course you really get an extra couple of weeks a year anyway :wink:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Ten years service

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:After 20 years its 6 weeks.
Just buy them FFS, I've had 6 since not long after I started............love having leave :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Yeah but...actually forget it.
That would be both of us getting that moan :wink:
Well I couldn't afford to pay for them :whistle and the system wasn't running when I joined and of course you really get an extra couple of weeks a year anyway :wink:
There wasn't inside toilets when you started :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Ten years service

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:After 20 years its 6 weeks.
Just buy them FFS, I've had 6 since not long after I started............love having leave :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Yeah but...actually forget it.
That would be both of us getting that moan :wink:
Well I couldn't afford to pay for them :whistle and the system wasn't running when I joined and of course you really get an extra couple of weeks a year anyway :wink:
There wasn't inside toilets when you started :wink:
Toilets? You mean the shovel and a handful of dock leaves................not even a thunderbox :chuckle