Cracking post mate!wandle wrote:The people you are alluding to easterbunny know that the use of emotive phrases like 'pushing their way up the senority list' is guaranteed to stir up resentment against people on ring-fenced duties. The cretins that stir up that kind of trouble show their complete lack of compassion for those who may be less fortunate than themselveseaster bunny wrote:I think it is falsely assumed that some are pushing their way up the senority list by being covered by the Act .![]()
If it were possible for a chap I knew to have swapped his 'cushy' duty and multiple sclerosis, for my good health and one of the longest walks in my old DO, I'm sure he would have done it without a second's hesitation. Thing is, one of the moaning gits that talked about this chap's 'preferential treatment' is still, years later, the biggest moaner in the office, whilst the guy with MS is now medically retired and confined to a wheelchair
Only last week I overheard two posties discussing me and the other 3 cripples
"Yeah that General chappy has got an indoor duty and so has so and so and theres f**k all wrong with them
"To be fair to the General he has had a few fits and operations!"
"Well there you go then...IT SEEMS THE MORE ILL YOU ARE THE BETTER YOU ARE TREATED"
