Sackable offence, not the best idea..... Do the job properly P739, return it to the office, so simple. Would we like to find (or even not find if some low life has stolen it) our package soaking wet sticking out in that manner, No.......clashcityrocker wrote:Alternatively you remove the item from the packaging and place in letterbox.Sliders wrote:This is really terrible, everyone knows that all you have to do with amazon packet/letters such a this, is feel the edge for the true width, and then fold down the edge. If this had been done, it would have fit through the letterbox no probs IMO :D
It is normally only the packaging that is preventing first time delivery (and that's what Moya wants)
And you can have a good chuckle when the emeritus professor is buying spanking literature![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
Lighten up dude.Cheetah wrote:Sackable offence, not the best idea..... Do the job properly P739, return it to the office, so simple. Would we like to find (or even not find if some low life has stolen it) our package soaking wet sticking out in that manner, No.......clashcityrocker wrote:Alternatively you remove the item from the packaging and place in letterbox.Sliders wrote:This is really terrible, everyone knows that all you have to do with amazon packet/letters such a this, is feel the edge for the true width, and then fold down the edge. If this had been done, it would have fit through the letterbox no probs IMO :D
It is normally only the packaging that is preventing first time delivery (and that's what Moya wants)
And you can have a good chuckle when the emeritus professor is buying spanking literature![]()
I wasn't being serious.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
There is no excuse, but I often feel like doing that when a simple thin packet doesn't fit in one of those ridic boxes, and I have to carry the b%^&ad around with me for the next 3 hours.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
It was your first call then?NewPostieUK wrote:There is no excuse, but I often feel like doing that when a simple thin packet doesn't fit in one of those ridic boxes, and I have to carry the b%^&ad around with me for the next 3 hours.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
No, I was half way round . . it was a busy day.dvbuk55 wrote:It was your first call then?NewPostieUK wrote:There is no excuse, but I often feel like doing that when a simple thin packet doesn't fit in one of those ridic boxes, and I have to carry the b%^&ad around with me for the next 3 hours.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
Are you regressing?clashcityrocker wrote: Lighten up dude.![]()
Next stop...a little red sports car and a 20 year old girlfriend.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
thecyclingexpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 15 Feb 2012, 13:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
i suppose that's one advantage to p&l, you only have to carry it back for the rest of the loop…NewPostieUK wrote:There is no excuse, but I often feel like doing that when a simple thin packet doesn't fit in one of those ridic boxes, and I have to carry the b%^&ad around with me for the next 3 hours.
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
There should be a standard letterbox, like in other countries, designed by posties, not these stupid ones, some don't even let small letters fit, even the box on the photo will not fit a A4 flat, which really p****s me off, I dread boxes on the wall cos they always belong to people who get loads.
I have a box on my wall, built for me which fits even shoebox size, this should be the standard
I could make loads of money, off to the shed 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
Off to the shed...................a woman after my own heart, if only I could get the wife in the shed diy-ing, whilst I lay on the couch munching chocolates and watching afternoon tv.justdeno wrote:There should be a standard letterbox, like in other countries, designed by posties, not these stupid ones, some don't even let small letters fit, even the box on the photo will not fit a A4 flat, which really p****s me off, I dread boxes on the wall cos they always belong to people who get loads.I have a box on my wall, built for me which fits even shoebox size, this should be the standard
I could make loads of money, off to the shed
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional
I docket it and write on the 739 " letterbox too small" sometimes they take the hint when I constantly docket themclashcityrocker wrote:Alternatively you remove the item from the packaging and place in letterbox.Sliders wrote:This is really terrible, everyone knows that all you have to do with amazon packet/letters such a this, is feel the edge for the true width, and then fold down the edge. If this had been done, it would have fit through the letterbox no probs IMO :D
It is normally only the packaging that is preventing first time delivery (and that's what Moya wants)
And you can have a good chuckle when the emeritus professor is buying spanking literature![]()