ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by Cheetah »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Sliders wrote:This is really terrible, everyone knows that all you have to do with amazon packet/letters such a this, is feel the edge for the true width, and then fold down the edge. If this had been done, it would have fit through the letterbox no probs IMO :D
Alternatively you remove the item from the packaging and place in letterbox.
It is normally only the packaging that is preventing first time delivery (and that's what Moya wants)
And you can have a good chuckle when the emeritus professor is buying spanking literature :shhhhh
Sackable offence, not the best idea..... Do the job properly P739, return it to the office, so simple. Would we like to find (or even not find if some low life has stolen it) our package soaking wet sticking out in that manner, No.......
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by clashcityrocker »

Cheetah wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Sliders wrote:This is really terrible, everyone knows that all you have to do with amazon packet/letters such a this, is feel the edge for the true width, and then fold down the edge. If this had been done, it would have fit through the letterbox no probs IMO :D
Alternatively you remove the item from the packaging and place in letterbox.
It is normally only the packaging that is preventing first time delivery (and that's what Moya wants)
And you can have a good chuckle when the emeritus professor is buying spanking literature :shhhhh
Sackable offence, not the best idea..... Do the job properly P739, return it to the office, so simple. Would we like to find (or even not find if some low life has stolen it) our package soaking wet sticking out in that manner, No.......
Lighten up dude.
I wasn't being serious.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by NewPostieUK »

There is no excuse, but I often feel like doing that when a simple thin packet doesn't fit in one of those ridic boxes, and I have to carry the b%^&ad around with me for the next 3 hours.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by dvbuk55 »

NewPostieUK wrote:There is no excuse, but I often feel like doing that when a simple thin packet doesn't fit in one of those ridic boxes, and I have to carry the b%^&ad around with me for the next 3 hours.
It was your first call then? :cuppa
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by NewPostieUK »

dvbuk55 wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:There is no excuse, but I often feel like doing that when a simple thin packet doesn't fit in one of those ridic boxes, and I have to carry the b%^&ad around with me for the next 3 hours.
It was your first call then? :cuppa
No, I was half way round . . it was a busy day.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote: Lighten up dude. :left:
Are you regressing?
Next stop...a little red sports car and a 20 year old girlfriend. :hmmmm
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
thecyclingexpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 103
Joined: 15 Feb 2012, 13:51
Gender: Male

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by thecyclingexpostie »

NewPostieUK wrote:There is no excuse, but I often feel like doing that when a simple thin packet doesn't fit in one of those ridic boxes, and I have to carry the b%^&ad around with me for the next 3 hours.
i suppose that's one advantage to p&l, you only have to carry it back for the rest of the loop…
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by justdeno »

There should be a standard letterbox, like in other countries, designed by posties, not these stupid ones, some don't even let small letters fit, even the box on the photo will not fit a A4 flat, which really p****s me off, I dread boxes on the wall cos they always belong to people who get loads. :arrrghhh I have a box on my wall, built for me which fits even shoebox size, this should be the standard :Very Happy I could make loads of money, off to the shed :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by dvbuk55 »

justdeno wrote:There should be a standard letterbox, like in other countries, designed by posties, not these stupid ones, some don't even let small letters fit, even the box on the photo will not fit a A4 flat, which really p****s me off, I dread boxes on the wall cos they always belong to people who get loads. :arrrghhh I have a box on my wall, built for me which fits even shoebox size, this should be the standard :Very Happy I could make loads of money, off to the shed :Very Happy
Off to the shed...................a woman after my own heart, if only I could get the wife in the shed diy-ing, whilst I lay on the couch munching chocolates and watching afternoon tv.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Oh Come on - This is unprofessional

Post by eastie »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Sliders wrote:This is really terrible, everyone knows that all you have to do with amazon packet/letters such a this, is feel the edge for the true width, and then fold down the edge. If this had been done, it would have fit through the letterbox no probs IMO :D
Alternatively you remove the item from the packaging and place in letterbox.
It is normally only the packaging that is preventing first time delivery (and that's what Moya wants)
And you can have a good chuckle when the emeritus professor is buying spanking literature :shhhhh
I docket it and write on the 739 " letterbox too small" sometimes they take the hint when I constantly docket them