ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
7am-3pm
-
Jynxx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 198
- Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Re: 7am-3pm
What I've never understood is why everything is always pushed backwards so we went from 5am to 6am then 7am,(then probably 8/9am) why can't other area's of the job for example collections, mail centres and the likes be brought forward instead so we could still start at something like 6am :/
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: 7am-3pm
- because that would involve employing more staff at Mail Centres and that would cost money.Jynxx wrote:What I've never understood is why everything is always pushed backwards so we went from 5am to 6am then 7am,(then probably 8/9am) why can't other area's of the job for example collections, mail centres and the likes be brought forward instead so we could still start at something like 6am :/
-
nOfailmylife
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 22 Sep 2010, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 7am-3pm
im dreading 7-3......
i have to pick my kids up at 3.15.......
i have to pick my kids up at 3.15.......
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: 7am-3pm
Tell them to walk home.............I had to when I was young...............of course I usually had to get up 3 hours before I went to bed and eat a shovel full of cold poison before being beaten to death.............and you tell youngsters that these daysnOfailmylife wrote:im dreading 7-3......
i have to pick my kids up at 3.15.......
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: 7am-3pm
Don't forget you had to go down pit and up chimneys as wellDGP1 wrote:Tell them to walk home.............I had to when I was young...............of course I usually had to get up 3 hours before I went to bed and eat a shovel full of cold poison before being beaten to death.............and you tell youngsters that these daysnOfailmylife wrote:im dreading 7-3......
i have to pick my kids up at 3.15.......![]()
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: 7am-3pm
Then you request a family friendly duty.nOfailmylife wrote:im dreading 7-3......
i have to pick my kids up at 3.15.......
If you don't ask you don't get.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: 7am-3pm
break off at 3pm simplesnOfailmylife wrote:im dreading 7-3......
i have to pick my kids up at 3.15.......
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12213
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: 7am-3pm
Probably partly because of walk sequencing, is your DO one of the nearest to the local MC of all the DOs that the MC serves?Jynxx wrote:What I've never understood is why everything is always pushed backwards so we went from 5am to 6am then 7am,(then probably 8/9am) why can't other area's of the job for example collections, mail centres and the likes be brought forward instead so we could still start at something like 6am :/
By opening DOs later, for DOs nearer to the MC RM may well be able to get away with sending the first runs just after six in the morning so early shift drivers take over them runs, meaning less drivers needed on night shifts so they save money on night shifts by less people on night rate and having less drivers on nights means less professional drivers rate paid out on nights.
I would not be surprised if eventually a lot of DO duties will be first have deliveries say 11:00-15:00, then they return to the DO have meal relief, any missorts and undelivered items to wherever they get stored and/or processed in the DO. After meal relief they go out on collections.
-
blackadder
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
- Location: deep south
Re: 7am-3pm
i wouldnt be suprised if it got later say 5 finish. get rid of the sa then
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd