ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missorts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Missorts

Post by Pat Ostman »

Sorry if it was a rhetorical question but its not me you should be asking. I just deliver the consequences.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by muzzy »

Id prepped a mis-sort flat into my frame today, 40 Crofton Park, which I dont do, but 40 Crofton Avenue I do. Luckily spotted it before going through the wrong letterbox, as luck would have it I have to walk past 40 Crofton Park on my way back to the office, so i delivered it, sorted.
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by RTP »

A lot of people are leaving themselves wide open. For all they know the 'missort' could be a test letter.

I'm with DGP on this one.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by POSTMAN »

RTP wrote:A lot of people are leaving themselves wide open. For all they know the 'missort' could be a test letter.

I'm with DGP on this one.
He's on a rural (how many dp's do you think he's got) and he has a van.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Missorts

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:
RTP wrote:A lot of people are leaving themselves wide open. For all they know the 'missort' could be a test letter.

I'm with DGP on this one.
He's on a rural (how many dp's do you think he's got) and he has a van.
600 :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by POSTMAN »

DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
RTP wrote:A lot of people are leaving themselves wide open. For all they know the 'missort' could be a test letter.

I'm with DGP on this one.
He's on a rural (how many dp's do you think he's got) and he has a van.
600 :Very Happy
That's a lot aint it,not that i'm well verced with rurals,our 4hr walks haven't that much.
And not a single missort either? :shock:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Missorts

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
RTP wrote:A lot of people are leaving themselves wide open. For all they know the 'missort' could be a test letter.

I'm with DGP on this one.
He's on a rural (how many dp's do you think he's got) and he has a van.
600 :Very Happy
That's a lot aint it,not that i'm well verced with rurals,our 4hr walks haven't that much.
And not a single missort either? :shock:
Don't you start with all your London talk :nervous

I only don't have missorts for other deliveries but sometimes even I do the odd one, it's just that I always redeliver them.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
kawoxux
Posts: 300
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by kawoxux »

I've always taken them back and put them in the frame or sorting, nothings ever been said...
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Missorts

Post by Pat Ostman »

DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
RTP wrote:A lot of people are leaving themselves wide open. For all they know the 'missort' could be a test letter.

I'm with DGP on this one.
He's on a rural (how many dp's do you think he's got) and he has a van.
600 :Very Happy
That's a lot aint it,not that i'm well verced with rurals,our 4hr walks haven't that much.
And not a single missort either? :shock:
Don't you start with all your London talk :nervous

I only don't have missorts for other deliveries but sometimes even I do the odd one, it's just that I always redeliver them.
Had one today.

Exactly the same address, just wrong postcode.

(Both postcodes have the same area names)
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one