From one officianado to anotherDGP1 wrote:Spoken like a true expertdvbuk55 wrote:The trick is you put corks on the end and never in a fibre glass bathTeeferTiger wrote:Surprised you didn't chip the enamel! And yes, I was talking about the bath, not your nail polish...dvbuk55 wrote:Well I've worn high heels in the bath but Doc Martins.........................BettySwollocks wrote:Never tried this myself,
but i believe soaking boots in warm water, or preferably wearing them while having a bath, works a treat,
it softens the leather and helps it mould to the shape of your feet,not to sure about that...still who knows
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
DR Martin boots
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: DR Martin boots
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: DR Martin boots
We don't own a bath, just a shower, and I'd never ruin a good pair of shoes by getting them wet!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: DR Martin boots
I know................I have the live feedTeeferTiger wrote:We don't own a bath, just a shower, and I'd never ruin a good pair of shoes by getting them wet!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: DR Martin boots
That must be nice for you, watching the husband have a showerDGP1 wrote:I know................I have the live feedTeeferTiger wrote:We don't own a bath, just a shower, and I'd never ruin a good pair of shoes by getting them wet!
And one of the cats

Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: DR Martin boots
DGP thats not a live feed - its a mirrorDGP1 wrote:I know................I have the live feedTeeferTiger wrote:We don't own a bath, just a shower, and I'd never ruin a good pair of shoes by getting them wet!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: DR Martin boots
I once had a pair of old boots in the shower...........much to my everlasting shame 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: DR Martin boots
You are cruel teefer - you know what his is doing now, he is biting his nails and thinking.....
"Must not make jokes about keeping your .......... <cough cough>" clean

"Must not make jokes about keeping your .......... <cough cough>" clean
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: DR Martin boots
I've promised to try to be good...........or at least a bit better than I usually amTrueBlueTerrier wrote:You are cruel teefer - you know what his is doing now, he is biting his nails and thinking.....
"Must not make jokes about keeping your .......... <cough cough>" clean![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: DR Martin boots
I nearly spat my drink out through my nose then! Promised to be good?! Pffft....DGP1 wrote:I've promised to try to be good...........or at least a bit better than I usually amTrueBlueTerrier wrote:You are cruel teefer - you know what his is doing now, he is biting his nails and thinking.....
"Must not make jokes about keeping your .......... <cough cough>" clean![]()
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: DR Martin boots
The present DM's are "Industrial" weight and are actually a thicker leather than the standard models (which we used to have) take a bit longer but do soften up after about a month - if you can get it (online or from the DM store in Leeds ) there is a Doc Martens Balsam available to treat the leather - keeps them in great condition and does help the softening without weakening the skin at the creases
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
Johnny Remo
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 14 Sep 2011, 07:24
- Gender: Male
Re: DR Martin boots
I saw a podiatrist after I started as I was having serious problems with my feet. She said boots were no good for pavements - you need to use trainers. She thought the RM Cat trainers were actually pretty decent.
I got insoles for my flat feet/over-pronation which (along with copious ibrufen for yet another condition!) have allowed me to do the job when I thought I'd have to give it up.
Downside is the Cat trainers are already pretty worn and shabby after 3 months. How long till I can order another pair?
I got insoles for my flat feet/over-pronation which (along with copious ibrufen for yet another condition!) have allowed me to do the job when I thought I'd have to give it up.
Downside is the Cat trainers are already pretty worn and shabby after 3 months. How long till I can order another pair?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: DR Martin boots
Straight away,inform your manager and let him see them,then he can authorise another pair.Johnny Remo wrote:I saw a podiatrist after I started as I was having serious problems with my feet. She said boots were no good for pavements - you need to use trainers. She thought the RM Cat trainers were actually pretty decent.
I got insoles for my flat feet/over-pronation which (along with copious ibrufen for yet another condition!) have allowed me to do the job when I thought I'd have to give it up.
Downside is the Cat trainers are already pretty worn and shabby after 3 months. How long till I can order another pair?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: DR Martin boots
There are no Cat trainers at the minute, it's a 10 week waiting time. Magnums are available though............but it's difficult to get them deliveredPOSTMAN wrote:Straight away,inform your manager and let him see them,then he can authorise another pair.Johnny Remo wrote:I saw a podiatrist after I started as I was having serious problems with my feet. She said boots were no good for pavements - you need to use trainers. She thought the RM Cat trainers were actually pretty decent.
I got insoles for my flat feet/over-pronation which (along with copious ibrufen for yet another condition!) have allowed me to do the job when I thought I'd have to give it up.
Downside is the Cat trainers are already pretty worn and shabby after 3 months. How long till I can order another pair?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: DR Martin boots
I've always found the Magnums comfortable out of the box (alhough my newest pair rubbed me about an inch above the ankles enough for strike breakers to form) but they don't last long - The grips pretty much worn away at the bottom and the waterproofing is gone after 3-4 months. Never had the Caterpillars as I can't see the point of a boot so poor in wet conditions so I think I'll request the DM's next time.
Breaking in boots on a 5hr P&L delivery is certainly a bit harder than it was on a 2-3 hour walk....
Breaking in boots on a 5hr P&L delivery is certainly a bit harder than it was on a 2-3 hour walk....