Let us know how you get on tomorrow, try not to worry and get some sleep tonight, hope its all OK
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What will happen here?
-
BillyPosty
- Posts: 237
- Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
- Gender: Male
Re: What will happen here?
I think you will be OK - I really hope you are anyway. The training is crap when you start because the managers dont want you to know anything so they can take advantage without any comeback.
Let us know how you get on tomorrow, try not to worry and get some sleep tonight, hope its all OK
Let us know how you get on tomorrow, try not to worry and get some sleep tonight, hope its all OK
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: What will happen here?
Not having a go at you...........but your office are talking bollocks, how the hell can they reject van share!? Looks like the DOM is stringing you along. I'm sure there was something in BT2010 about the use or should I say not use of private cars.goldendragon wrote:yes. Our depot rejected the shared van thing as there wasn't enough room to keep all the new vans.
top of page 23
All delivery revisions will be planned on the basis of no use of private cars. Private cars on delivery will cease upon the deployment of a Delivery Methods revision in a unit.
Last edited by Stormproof on 12 Feb 2012, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
goldendragon
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 14:49
- Gender: Male
Re: What will happen here?
I did say when he told me that that I didn't think they were given the choice but I just went along with it as didn't want to ruffle any feathers.Stormproof wrote:Not having a go at you...........but your office are talking bollocks, how the hell can they reject van share!? Looks like the DOM is stringing you along. I'm sure there was something in BT2010 about the use or should I say not use of private cars.goldendragon wrote:yes. Our depot rejected the shared van thing as there wasn't enough room to keep all the new vans.
-
madmartin
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Re: What will happen here?
do you mean all the rounds in the office? who said you should br trained on all the rounds?shepherdess wrote:you should be ok as it was not willful delay also when you started you should have been trained on ALL the rounds
-
resperin
- Posts: 402
- Joined: 18 Feb 2009, 21:45
- Gender: Male
Re: What will happen here?
U check with the wp coach to ask if he said anything to the manager, either way you did what you could. As far you might known you did all the work as u don't know what you had to do being that it's your first time doing it
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What will happen here?
Has your manager approached you with a bundle of Royal Mail paperwork regarding the business insurance on your car? I'm guessing not.
If not - There's a good chance that what you're doing is illegal and you could have your car seized.
If not - There's a good chance that what you're doing is illegal and you could have your car seized.
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: What will happen here?
A co-worker of mine got dismissed for leaving a bundle in a pouch box, he forgot about it, was having family problems, but this didn't cut any ice with the managers, he was already a "marked man" and any chance to be rid of management took it.
Sorry for the doom and gloom, but I think it depends which DO you work in.
Sorry for the doom and gloom, but I think it depends which DO you work in.
-
goldendragon
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 14:49
- Gender: Male
Re: What will happen here?
Actually they have when I first started so thats sorted at least.CharlesSpooner wrote:Has your manager approached you with a bundle of Royal Mail paperwork regarding the business insurance on your car? I'm guessing not.![]()
If not - There's a good chance that what you're doing is illegal and you could have your car seized.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: What will happen here?
Just to clear this up,newbies do not get trained on all the rounds in the office. I sit here to be corrected,but 'this is' Royal Mail we're talking about.madmartin wrote:do you mean all the rounds in the office? who said you should br trained on all the rounds?shepherdess wrote:you should be ok as it was not willful delay also when you started you should have been trained on ALL the rounds
There is limited training 'if any' for newbies,or oldies for that matter when they go on a new round.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: What will happen here?
New starters are supposed to be stuck on 1 round for 12 weeks. After that, who knows. They're not "supposed" to be trained on all rounds in the office, but I would hope they would receive training on whichever rounds they're being expected to cover next, as with any member of staff. However, this is RM and we all know it's a case of "just get on with it, not my problem" so it's highly unlikely any new starter has received any training on any round other than 1 when they first started.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
goldendragon
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 14:49
- Gender: Male
Re: What will happen here?
Busy week so not had much chance to come on but all is fine. They've accepted I did all I could so just got a quick talking to (which I started to make sure it was all OK) and thats it.
-
RetroJunkie
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
- Gender: Female
Re: What will happen here?
bingoTeeferTiger wrote:New starters are supposed to be stuck on 1 round for 12 weeks. After that, who knows. They're not "supposed" to be trained on all rounds in the office, but I would hope they would receive training on whichever rounds they're being expected to cover next, as with any member of staff. However, this is RM and we all know it's a case of "just get on with it, not my problem" so it's highly unlikely any new starter has received any training on any round other than 1 when they first started.