ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What will happen here?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BillyPosty
Posts: 237
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
Gender: Male

Re: What will happen here?

Post by BillyPosty »

I think you will be OK - I really hope you are anyway. The training is crap when you start because the managers dont want you to know anything so they can take advantage without any comeback.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow, try not to worry and get some sleep tonight, hope its all OK :Very Happy
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: What will happen here?

Post by Stormproof »

goldendragon wrote:yes. Our depot rejected the shared van thing as there wasn't enough room to keep all the new vans.
Not having a go at you...........but your office are talking bollocks, how the hell can they reject van share!? Looks like the DOM is stringing you along. I'm sure there was something in BT2010 about the use or should I say not use of private cars.


top of page 23
All delivery revisions will be planned on the basis of no use of private cars. Private cars on delivery will cease upon the deployment of a Delivery Methods revision in a unit.
Last edited by Stormproof on 12 Feb 2012, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
goldendragon
Posts: 23
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 14:49
Gender: Male

Re: What will happen here?

Post by goldendragon »

Stormproof wrote:
goldendragon wrote:yes. Our depot rejected the shared van thing as there wasn't enough room to keep all the new vans.
Not having a go at you...........but your office are talking bollocks, how the hell can they reject van share!? Looks like the DOM is stringing you along. I'm sure there was something in BT2010 about the use or should I say not use of private cars.
I did say when he told me that that I didn't think they were given the choice but I just went along with it as didn't want to ruffle any feathers.
madmartin
Posts: 153
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: What will happen here?

Post by madmartin »

shepherdess wrote:you should be ok as it was not willful delay also when you started you should have been trained on ALL the rounds
do you mean all the rounds in the office? who said you should br trained on all the rounds?
resperin
Posts: 402
Joined: 18 Feb 2009, 21:45
Gender: Male

Re: What will happen here?

Post by resperin »

U check with the wp coach to ask if he said anything to the manager, either way you did what you could. As far you might known you did all the work as u don't know what you had to do being that it's your first time doing it
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: What will happen here?

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Has your manager approached you with a bundle of Royal Mail paperwork regarding the business insurance on your car? I'm guessing not. :roll:

If not - There's a good chance that what you're doing is illegal and you could have your car seized.
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: What will happen here?

Post by REDLETTER »

A co-worker of mine got dismissed for leaving a bundle in a pouch box, he forgot about it, was having family problems, but this didn't cut any ice with the managers, he was already a "marked man" and any chance to be rid of management took it.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, but I think it depends which DO you work in.
goldendragon
Posts: 23
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 14:49
Gender: Male

Re: What will happen here?

Post by goldendragon »

CharlesSpooner wrote:Has your manager approached you with a bundle of Royal Mail paperwork regarding the business insurance on your car? I'm guessing not. :roll:

If not - There's a good chance that what you're doing is illegal and you could have your car seized.
Actually they have when I first started so thats sorted at least.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: What will happen here?

Post by POSTMAN »

madmartin wrote:
shepherdess wrote:you should be ok as it was not willful delay also when you started you should have been trained on ALL the rounds
do you mean all the rounds in the office? who said you should br trained on all the rounds?
Just to clear this up,newbies do not get trained on all the rounds in the office. I sit here to be corrected,but 'this is' Royal Mail we're talking about.
There is limited training 'if any' for newbies,or oldies for that matter when they go on a new round.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: What will happen here?

Post by TeeferTiger »

New starters are supposed to be stuck on 1 round for 12 weeks. After that, who knows. They're not "supposed" to be trained on all rounds in the office, but I would hope they would receive training on whichever rounds they're being expected to cover next, as with any member of staff. However, this is RM and we all know it's a case of "just get on with it, not my problem" so it's highly unlikely any new starter has received any training on any round other than 1 when they first started.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
goldendragon
Posts: 23
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 14:49
Gender: Male

Re: What will happen here?

Post by goldendragon »

Busy week so not had much chance to come on but all is fine. They've accepted I did all I could so just got a quick talking to (which I started to make sure it was all OK) and thats it.
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Re: What will happen here?

Post by RetroJunkie »

TeeferTiger wrote:New starters are supposed to be stuck on 1 round for 12 weeks. After that, who knows. They're not "supposed" to be trained on all rounds in the office, but I would hope they would receive training on whichever rounds they're being expected to cover next, as with any member of staff. However, this is RM and we all know it's a case of "just get on with it, not my problem" so it's highly unlikely any new starter has received any training on any round other than 1 when they first started.
bingo