ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

xmas cards

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: xmas cards

Post by TeeferTiger »

fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:
fishtank wrote:To be honest why would you want your Christmas cards back?
They are of no use to you.
It would be an unnecessary drain on the company returning them to sender.
So I know not to bother sending one again the next year...
Which would not be a smart business move by Royal Mail. :wink:
But I'd know to contact the person and get their right address, rather than assume they got it... And I'd find someone else to post one to instead. I don't send cards to the same people every year...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: xmas cards

Post by fishtank »

TeeferTiger wrote: But I'd know to contact the person and get their right address,
The volume of wrong addresses is reducing by 10% year on year.
I blame facebook. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: xmas cards

Post by TeeferTiger »

I blame old people dieing and not sending cards anymore...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: xmas cards

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:To be honest why would you want your Christmas cards back?
They are of no use to you.
It would be an unnecessary drain on the company returning them to sender.
Nonsense - of course you want them back, you stick them back in the box the following year and then swear blind you sent one :chuckle