ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA yarn's!
-
jockstrapp
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 970
- Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA yarn's!
Battery never lasts a full round, biggest load of shyte but in keeping with everything else relating to this shyte company.
-
richystran
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:01
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA yarn's!
Whoever designed them never thought that while signing usually touch the screen with their little finger! This makes the machine think that the stylus is touching there and bollocks the whole thing up, usually requiring a "clear" and a resign!
Really the ergonomics of this pda is so wrong and the designer hasnt a clue tbh
Really the ergonomics of this pda is so wrong and the designer hasnt a clue tbh
-
richystran
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:01
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA yarn's!
Thery told us they were £3000 so i would say £300! There is no way they are worth £1500 or £3000 !Aprilaydee wrote:When I was being trained to do the training on them, we were told they were worth £1500 each. In one office, I had to send 15 back because they were faulty.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PDA yarn's!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=128824593 ... 3%20Mobile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;richystran wrote:Thery told us they were £3000 so i would say £300! There is no way they are worth £1500 or £3000 !Aprilaydee wrote:When I was being trained to do the training on them, we were told they were worth £1500 each. In one office, I had to send 15 back because they were faulty.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: PDA yarn's!
May I?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=128824593 ... 3%20Mobile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;richystran wrote:Thery told us they were £3000 so i would say £300! There is no way they are worth £1500 or £3000 !Aprilaydee wrote:When I was being trained to do the training on them, we were told they were worth £1500 each. In one office, I had to send 15 back because they were faulty.
I tell da troof!! hehe
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: PDA yarn's!
http://www.intermec.com/products/comput ... index.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise
).
Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: PDA yarn's!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intermec-CN2-CN2B ... 255e35d924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: PDA yarn's!
The small courier firms round here use the same PDA's as us. The money RM apparently spent on them they could've got some that were'nt the size/weight of a brick. Do we really need all the functions/buttons that are on them. I've never had to send a message, you can't use the phone. The only good thing on them is the Sat Nav and that is'nt the best.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: PDA yarn's!
The ones we have are the CN3 and they are not 10 year old tech! They are about £1500 at full retail although RM got them a LOT cheaper when they bulk bought them originally. However if you lose/break one and RM have to buy a one off they will pay near enough the full price.DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/comput ... index.aspx
Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise).
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA yarn's!
PhilthyPhil wrote:The ones we have are the CN3 and they are not 10 year old tech! They are about £1500 at full retail although RM got them a LOT cheaper when they bulk bought them originally. However if you lose/break one and RM have to buy a one off they will pay near enough the full price.DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/comput ... index.aspx
Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise).
Quite right 10 year old technology would be far superior
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA yarn's!
I normally find a hard boot is better.DGP1 wrote:Several have been broken in my office, they end up in the back of the van and someing falls on them they break really really easily.cow post wrote:There worth £500 each![]()
Not known anyone to break one, but have known to lose one though.
Normally a hard reboot will fix them though
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: PDA yarn's!
Ours are 3 years old now and tbh I've seen them many years ago (the software has been updated but then that happens to every computer system) but the thing is I've seen other delivery outfits with much smaller and more ergonomically designed so why didn't RM buy the better ones??PhilthyPhil wrote:The ones we have are the CN3 and they are not 10 year old tech! They are about £1500 at full retail although RM got them a LOT cheaper when they bulk bought them originally. However if you lose/break one and RM have to buy a one off they will pay near enough the full price.DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/comput ... index.aspx
Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: PDA yarn's!
Is that a rhetorical question?so why didn't RM buy the better ones??
I know, a two year old thread but I couldn't resist.
Mate received a phone call on one of them last month on delivery, someone flogging pet insurance!
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
alloria
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA yarn's!
Does the PDA really need to remind you that the battery is running out 572,176 times a second?
Vote no on the "Agreement"
-
johnnyp
- Posts: 5239
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: SE ENGLAND
Re: PDA yarn's!
The one i had today was a right pile of crap,told the PHG that i will refuse to use it again,it kept switching off,poxy thing.