ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA yarn's!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jockstrapp
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 970
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
Gender: Male

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by jockstrapp »

Battery never lasts a full round, biggest load of shyte but in keeping with everything else relating to this shyte company.
richystran
Posts: 72
Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:01
Gender: Male

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by richystran »

Whoever designed them never thought that while signing usually touch the screen with their little finger! This makes the machine think that the stylus is touching there and bollocks the whole thing up, usually requiring a "clear" and a resign!
Really the ergonomics of this pda is so wrong and the designer hasnt a clue tbh
richystran
Posts: 72
Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:01
Gender: Male

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by richystran »

Aprilaydee wrote:When I was being trained to do the training on them, we were told they were worth £1500 each. In one office, I had to send 15 back because they were faulty.
Thery told us they were £3000 so i would say £300! There is no way they are worth £1500 or £3000 !
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

richystran wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:When I was being trained to do the training on them, we were told they were worth £1500 each. In one office, I had to send 15 back because they were faulty.
Thery told us they were £3000 so i would say £300! There is no way they are worth £1500 or £3000 !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=128824593 ... 3%20Mobile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by TeeferTiger »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
richystran wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:When I was being trained to do the training on them, we were told they were worth £1500 each. In one office, I had to send 15 back because they were faulty.
Thery told us they were £3000 so i would say £300! There is no way they are worth £1500 or £3000 !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=128824593 ... 3%20Mobile" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May I?

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

I tell da troof!! hehe
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by DGP1 »

http://www.intermec.com/products/comput ... index.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise :wink: ).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by DGP1 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intermec-CN2-CN2B ... 255e35d924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by Stormproof »

The small courier firms round here use the same PDA's as us. The money RM apparently spent on them they could've got some that were'nt the size/weight of a brick. Do we really need all the functions/buttons that are on them. I've never had to send a message, you can't use the phone. The only good thing on them is the Sat Nav and that is'nt the best.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by PhilthyPhil »

DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/comput ... index.aspx

Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise :wink: ).
The ones we have are the CN3 and they are not 10 year old tech! They are about £1500 at full retail although RM got them a LOT cheaper when they bulk bought them originally. However if you lose/break one and RM have to buy a one off they will pay near enough the full price.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by janitor »

PhilthyPhil wrote:
DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/comput ... index.aspx

Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise :wink: ).
The ones we have are the CN3 and they are not 10 year old tech! They are about £1500 at full retail although RM got them a LOT cheaper when they bulk bought them originally. However if you lose/break one and RM have to buy a one off they will pay near enough the full price.

Quite right 10 year old technology would be far superior
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by jaylime »

DGP1 wrote:
cow post wrote:There worth £500 each :shock:

Not known anyone to break one, but have known to lose one though.
Several have been broken in my office, they end up in the back of the van and someing falls on them they break really really easily.

Normally a hard reboot will fix them though :roll:
I normally find a hard boot is better.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by DGP1 »

PhilthyPhil wrote:
DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/comput ... index.aspx

Although I don't see the ones we use but then I remembered that ours are about 10 years old (technology wise :wink: ).
The ones we have are the CN3 and they are not 10 year old tech! They are about £1500 at full retail although RM got them a LOT cheaper when they bulk bought them originally. However if you lose/break one and RM have to buy a one off they will pay near enough the full price.
Ours are 3 years old now and tbh I've seen them many years ago (the software has been updated but then that happens to every computer system) but the thing is I've seen other delivery outfits with much smaller and more ergonomically designed so why didn't RM buy the better ones??
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by Pat Ostman »

so why didn't RM buy the better ones??
Is that a rhetorical question? :nana

I know, a two year old thread but I couldn't resist.

Mate received a phone call on one of them last month on delivery, someone flogging pet insurance! :confused
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
alloria
Posts: 176
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
Gender: Male

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by alloria »

Does the PDA really need to remind you that the battery is running out 572,176 times a second?
Vote no on the "Agreement"
johnnyp
Posts: 5239
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: SE ENGLAND

Re: PDA yarn's!

Post by johnnyp »

The one i had today was a right pile of crap,told the PHG that i will refuse to use it again,it kept switching off,poxy thing.