ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

new and old uniform?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by DGP1 »

north london driver wrote:
krussel wrote:The frame fittings look stronger than our plastic RM2000's :Very Happy
no our frames are stronger the walking staff put mailsort on the top and households still in there
boxes under the frames. did you notice they have two managers for every 4 staff.
Notice how neat and tidy the managers look :shock: and no coffee either :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by PhilthyPhil »

I thought it was ok to wear whatever uniform you wanted as long as you don't mix them? I wore the old uniform for a while after we were issued the new uniform because most of the stuff I had wasn't that old and i knew the new stuff would not last the 2 years until we are allowed to reorder it.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by Godric »

our office in Ayrshire haven't even been issued with the new uniform :roll:
Last edited by Godric on 25 Jan 2012, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
postiesteve
Posts: 2
Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 17:25
Gender: Male

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by postiesteve »

i wear the new jacket with my red polo and blue trousers cos i ripped my gray ones trying get somthing into the pocket and i don't want to tell the boss. If anyone has a spare pair of trousers size36 waist be appriciated :)
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by Lateagainpostie »

The new uniform is a waste of time, whats the point of wearing a fleece in this weather when everytime you want a 739, you have to open yourself to the elements to get at it.

No jersey either, the trousers have worn out in less than a year, the shirts are total shite, bend over and you expose a bare back because they have no tail, the shower proof jacket is as good as a chocolate fireguard, and the stormproof well thats a laugh, five seconds in a heavy storm and you might as well be walking around naked.

And don't get me started on the footwear, magnums let in water, as do the cat trainers, even if you are only walking through dew sodden grass.

No wonder Postmen ( & women) always look scruffy, the uniform isn't fit for purpose.
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8949
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by blue1873 »

Fortunately i work indoors and it is'nt an issue with
having to wear the uniform. I do feel sorry for anyone
to be forced to wear that joke of a Royal Mail uniform
When i see delivery staff on the streets with a PDA
in hand i automatically think they are EON meter
readers doing their rounds.It's a very cheap and
tacky looking outfit i am sorry to say :d'oh! :d'oh!
bottletree
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
Gender: Male

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by bottletree »

I'm one of the few that still wears the old uniform. I prefer the deep pockets to the 2 inch pockets you get with the new ones. I prefer the material as opposed to the new sand paper quality. I prefer proper fitting shirts instead of bed sheets sewn together ones. I also like the blue fleece jackets instead of the ill fitting small pocket, ridiculously coloured, impractical rubbish they have provided.
So all in all a pathetic attempt by whoever came up with this scrubbish effort.
johnnyp
Posts: 5239
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: SE ENGLAND

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by johnnyp »

I dont like the new uniform at all and will use as much of my old one as possible.
There are so many things wrong with it as pointed out in previous replys in this thread.These must have been raised in offices that were performing the trials,but fell on deaf ears as its been rolled out :sad:
Noctua
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 15:25
Gender: Male

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by Noctua »

My original question was, is there a cut off for wearing the old blue uniform?

We all look scruffy as no one wears the same.I don't know any other business's that have two different coloured uniforms. It looks unprofessional mix matching uniform! just wondered how long we could get away with it for.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by DGP1 »

Noctua wrote:My original question was, is there a cut off for wearing the old blue uniform?

We all look scruffy as no one wears the same.I don't know any other business's that have two different coloured uniforms. It looks unprofessional mix matching uniform! just wondered how long we could get away with it for.
As soon as your revision is in then you totally change over to the new one or when it is decided by your DOM/DSM that you're to change over but you don't mix them, it's one or the other and your old one is to be returned to the office for disposal.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Noctua wrote:My original question was, is there a cut off for wearing the old blue uniform?

We all look scruffy as no one wears the same.I don't know any other business's that have two different coloured uniforms. It looks unprofessional mix matching uniform! just wondered how long we could get away with it for.
its a uniform with no authority who cares
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by Caniel »

I hate the red fleece, the old blue one wasn't much better tho. The new shirts are rubbish and don't fit me at all, I'm stuck with a small frame and big tits so the the shirt is loose and baggy but tight across the chest :oops: . That cagoule is crap, it makes you sweat and it's not waterproof in the slightest. The shorts and trousers are okay but only because of the pocket on the leg which has been long overdue but why only one pocket on the leg and why on the left ffs? Most people are right handed.

I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Caniel wrote:I hate the red fleece, the old blue one wasn't much better tho. The new shirts are rubbish and don't fit me at all, I'm stuck with a small frame and big tits so the the shirt is loose and baggy but tight across the chest :oops: . That cagoule is crap, it makes you sweat and it's not waterproof in the slightest. The shorts and trousers are okay but only because of the pocket on the leg which has been long overdue but why only one pocket on the leg and why on the left ffs? Most people are right handed.

I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.
the old harrington doesnt have a removable body warmer inside
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by Caniel »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Caniel wrote:I hate the red fleece, the old blue one wasn't much better tho. The new shirts are rubbish and don't fit me at all, I'm stuck with a small frame and big tits so the the shirt is loose and baggy but tight across the chest :oops: . That cagoule is crap, it makes you sweat and it's not waterproof in the slightest. The shorts and trousers are okay but only because of the pocket on the leg which has been long overdue but why only one pocket on the leg and why on the left ffs? Most people are right handed.

I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.
the old harrington doesnt have a removable body warmer inside
Mine does, I got it in 2003 it has a removable inner liner that can be worn as a body warmer. Later harringtons didn't have this I've noticed.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: new and old uniform?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Caniel wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Caniel wrote:I hate the red fleece, the old blue one wasn't much better tho. The new shirts are rubbish and don't fit me at all, I'm stuck with a small frame and big tits so the the shirt is loose and baggy but tight across the chest :oops: . That cagoule is crap, it makes you sweat and it's not waterproof in the slightest. The shorts and trousers are okay but only because of the pocket on the leg which has been long overdue but why only one pocket on the leg and why on the left ffs? Most people are right handed.

I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.
the old harrington doesnt have a removable body warmer inside
Mine does, I got it in 2003 it has a removable inner liner that can be worn as a body warmer. Later harringtons didn't have this I've noticed.
that sounds like a waterproof