Notice how neat and tidy the managers looknorth london driver wrote:no our frames are stronger the walking staff put mailsort on the top and households still in therekrussel wrote:The frame fittings look stronger than our plastic RM2000's
boxes under the frames. did you notice they have two managers for every 4 staff.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
new and old uniform?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: new and old uniform?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: new and old uniform?
I thought it was ok to wear whatever uniform you wanted as long as you don't mix them? I wore the old uniform for a while after we were issued the new uniform because most of the stuff I had wasn't that old and i knew the new stuff would not last the 2 years until we are allowed to reorder it.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: new and old uniform?
our office in Ayrshire haven't even been issued with the new uniform 
Last edited by Godric on 25 Jan 2012, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
postiesteve
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 17:25
- Gender: Male
Re: new and old uniform?
i wear the new jacket with my red polo and blue trousers cos i ripped my gray ones trying get somthing into the pocket and i don't want to tell the boss. If anyone has a spare pair of trousers size36 waist be appriciated :)
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: new and old uniform?
The new uniform is a waste of time, whats the point of wearing a fleece in this weather when everytime you want a 739, you have to open yourself to the elements to get at it.
No jersey either, the trousers have worn out in less than a year, the shirts are total shite, bend over and you expose a bare back because they have no tail, the shower proof jacket is as good as a chocolate fireguard, and the stormproof well thats a laugh, five seconds in a heavy storm and you might as well be walking around naked.
And don't get me started on the footwear, magnums let in water, as do the cat trainers, even if you are only walking through dew sodden grass.
No wonder Postmen ( & women) always look scruffy, the uniform isn't fit for purpose.
No jersey either, the trousers have worn out in less than a year, the shirts are total shite, bend over and you expose a bare back because they have no tail, the shower proof jacket is as good as a chocolate fireguard, and the stormproof well thats a laugh, five seconds in a heavy storm and you might as well be walking around naked.
And don't get me started on the footwear, magnums let in water, as do the cat trainers, even if you are only walking through dew sodden grass.
No wonder Postmen ( & women) always look scruffy, the uniform isn't fit for purpose.
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8949
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: new and old uniform?
Fortunately i work indoors and it is'nt an issue with
having to wear the uniform. I do feel sorry for anyone
to be forced to wear that joke of a Royal Mail uniform
When i see delivery staff on the streets with a PDA
in hand i automatically think they are EON meter
readers doing their rounds.It's a very cheap and
tacky looking outfit i am sorry to say

having to wear the uniform. I do feel sorry for anyone
to be forced to wear that joke of a Royal Mail uniform
When i see delivery staff on the streets with a PDA
in hand i automatically think they are EON meter
readers doing their rounds.It's a very cheap and
tacky looking outfit i am sorry to say
-
bottletree
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 20:53
- Gender: Male
Re: new and old uniform?
I'm one of the few that still wears the old uniform. I prefer the deep pockets to the 2 inch pockets you get with the new ones. I prefer the material as opposed to the new sand paper quality. I prefer proper fitting shirts instead of bed sheets sewn together ones. I also like the blue fleece jackets instead of the ill fitting small pocket, ridiculously coloured, impractical rubbish they have provided.
So all in all a pathetic attempt by whoever came up with this scrubbish effort.
So all in all a pathetic attempt by whoever came up with this scrubbish effort.
-
johnnyp
- Posts: 5239
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: SE ENGLAND
Re: new and old uniform?
I dont like the new uniform at all and will use as much of my old one as possible.
There are so many things wrong with it as pointed out in previous replys in this thread.These must have been raised in offices that were performing the trials,but fell on deaf ears as its been rolled out
There are so many things wrong with it as pointed out in previous replys in this thread.These must have been raised in offices that were performing the trials,but fell on deaf ears as its been rolled out
-
Noctua
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 15:25
- Gender: Male
Re: new and old uniform?
My original question was, is there a cut off for wearing the old blue uniform?
We all look scruffy as no one wears the same.I don't know any other business's that have two different coloured uniforms. It looks unprofessional mix matching uniform! just wondered how long we could get away with it for.
We all look scruffy as no one wears the same.I don't know any other business's that have two different coloured uniforms. It looks unprofessional mix matching uniform! just wondered how long we could get away with it for.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: new and old uniform?
As soon as your revision is in then you totally change over to the new one or when it is decided by your DOM/DSM that you're to change over but you don't mix them, it's one or the other and your old one is to be returned to the office for disposal.Noctua wrote:My original question was, is there a cut off for wearing the old blue uniform?
We all look scruffy as no one wears the same.I don't know any other business's that have two different coloured uniforms. It looks unprofessional mix matching uniform! just wondered how long we could get away with it for.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: new and old uniform?
its a uniform with no authority who caresNoctua wrote:My original question was, is there a cut off for wearing the old blue uniform?
We all look scruffy as no one wears the same.I don't know any other business's that have two different coloured uniforms. It looks unprofessional mix matching uniform! just wondered how long we could get away with it for.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: new and old uniform?
I hate the red fleece, the old blue one wasn't much better tho. The new shirts are rubbish and don't fit me at all, I'm stuck with a small frame and big tits so the the shirt is loose and baggy but tight across the chest
. That cagoule is crap, it makes you sweat and it's not waterproof in the slightest. The shorts and trousers are okay but only because of the pocket on the leg which has been long overdue but why only one pocket on the leg and why on the left ffs? Most people are right handed.
I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.
I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: new and old uniform?
the old harrington doesnt have a removable body warmer insideCaniel wrote:I hate the red fleece, the old blue one wasn't much better tho. The new shirts are rubbish and don't fit me at all, I'm stuck with a small frame and big tits so the the shirt is loose and baggy but tight across the chest. That cagoule is crap, it makes you sweat and it's not waterproof in the slightest. The shorts and trousers are okay but only because of the pocket on the leg which has been long overdue but why only one pocket on the leg and why on the left ffs? Most people are right handed.
I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: new and old uniform?
Mine does, I got it in 2003 it has a removable inner liner that can be worn as a body warmer. Later harringtons didn't have this I've noticed.bringon4dayweeks wrote:the old harrington doesnt have a removable body warmer insideCaniel wrote:I hate the red fleece, the old blue one wasn't much better tho. The new shirts are rubbish and don't fit me at all, I'm stuck with a small frame and big tits so the the shirt is loose and baggy but tight across the chest. That cagoule is crap, it makes you sweat and it's not waterproof in the slightest. The shorts and trousers are okay but only because of the pocket on the leg which has been long overdue but why only one pocket on the leg and why on the left ffs? Most people are right handed.
I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: new and old uniform?
that sounds like a waterproofCaniel wrote:Mine does, I got it in 2003 it has a removable inner liner that can be worn as a body warmer. Later harringtons didn't have this I've noticed.bringon4dayweeks wrote:the old harrington doesnt have a removable body warmer insideCaniel wrote:I hate the red fleece, the old blue one wasn't much better tho. The new shirts are rubbish and don't fit me at all, I'm stuck with a small frame and big tits so the the shirt is loose and baggy but tight across the chest. That cagoule is crap, it makes you sweat and it's not waterproof in the slightest. The shorts and trousers are okay but only because of the pocket on the leg which has been long overdue but why only one pocket on the leg and why on the left ffs? Most people are right handed.
I still have my old harrington with the removable body warmer inside, that was class. I wish they would bring that back.