ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What did you do on your day off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by krussel »

Went to Argos and bought a workbench for the garage. Managed to put it together without injury or even swearing :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:Went to Argos and bought a workbench for the garage. Managed to put it together without injury or even swearing :shock:
:Applause My hero. I once bought something that reputedly a ten year old could put together in 30 minutes, several hours and much cursing from me and criticism from she who should know better, I realised that they had duplicated one part and omitted to send the right one, sent the whole lot back and cancelled. Used to be a computer buff in the early days and bought a Lexmark printer which stated "the most difficult thing will be to find where to put it on your desk" - two days later I still hadn't got it to work, had to rang France to speak to the manufacturer only to be told, I think, it didn't support bi-directional prinnting. :evil/mad
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:Went to Argos and bought a workbench for the garage. Managed to put it together without injury or even swearing :shock:
:Applause My hero. I once bought something that reputedly a ten year old could put together in 30 minutes, several hours and much cursing from me and criticism from she who should know better, I realised that they had duplicated one part and omitted to send the right one, sent the whole lot back and cancelled. Used to be a computer buff in the early days and bought a Lexmark printer which stated "the most difficult thing will be to find where to put it on your desk" - two days later I still hadn't got it to work, had to rang France to speak to the manufacturer only to be told, I think, it didn't support bi-directional prinnting. :evil/mad
That's just getting old :wink:

These days I'm much more patient and actually read the instructions before starting to build anything, saves time and money (£1 per swear word soon builds up).

And I'm really surprised that something French doesn't do bi :nervous :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:Went to Argos and bought a workbench for the garage. Managed to put it together without injury or even swearing :shock:
:Applause My hero. I once bought something that reputedly a ten year old could put together in 30 minutes, several hours and much cursing from me and criticism from she who should know better, I realised that they had duplicated one part and omitted to send the right one, sent the whole lot back and cancelled. Used to be a computer buff in the early days and bought a Lexmark printer which stated "the most difficult thing will be to find where to put it on your desk" - two days later I still hadn't got it to work, had to rang France to speak to the manufacturer only to be told, I think, it didn't support bi-directional prinnting. :evil/mad
That's just getting old :wink:

These days I'm much more patient and actually read the instructions before starting to build anything, saves time and money (£1 per swear word soon builds up).

And I'm really surprised that something French doesn't do bi :nervous :chuckle
Well I wasn't old then DG, I havent always been 49 :nervous It's probably 15 years or so since I rang about the printer but I remember the sexy french tones of the young lady on the phone........pretty much like Marie Antoinettes' let them eat cake........a right royal f*ck off.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by Caniel »

Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra :Very Happy
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by fishtank »

I have real issues with building stuff.
I have to lay every single part out neatly,check with the contents,go through each part and sand or file any uneven surfaces open out the instructions...and phone my father-in-law.
He's a joiner ffs. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by fishtank »

Caniel wrote:some knickers and a bra :Very Happy
Why is it always some knickers and a bra?
It's never some bras and a pair of knickers.
Does a bra last longer than knickers?
I'm not very wise in the mysteries of female underwear. :sad:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by dvbuk55 »

Caniel wrote:Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra :Very Happy
For one glorious moment there Caniel I thought you was a bloke........wondered if you met DGP in Europes largest lingerie department :shock:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
Caniel wrote:some knickers and a bra :Very Happy
Why is it always some knickers and a bra?
It's never some bras and a pair of knickers.
Does a bra last longer than knickers?
I'm not very wise in the mysteries of female underwear. :sad:
Sadly we both know someone who is rather more familiar with ladies underwear than he should be :chuckle :chuckle
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:I have real issues with building stuff.
I have to lay every single part out neatly,check with the contents,go through each part and sand or file any uneven surfaces open out the instructions...and phone my father-in-law.
He's a joiner ffs. :cuppa
That's the second time I've heard reference to instructions - I'm definitely going to start reading them :cuppa
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Caniel wrote:Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra :Very Happy
I used to go shopping until I took an arrow to the knee.

I do enjoy that game - incidentally it's what I spent a good portion of my last day off playing.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by Darren Bent »

post_bitch wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:Dancing all night on Saturday woke up late on Sunday, enjoy 2 American Football match on TV and doing photos for facebook from last night party. Just chilling out and resting.
did u nap before that night out :hmmmm
Not this time as I work from 7am
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Caniel wrote:Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra :Very Happy
For one glorious moment there Caniel I thought you was a bloke........wondered if you met DGP in Europes largest lingerie department :shock:
:chuckle Would he get a Golden Cleric award?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by Caniel »

fishtank wrote: Why is it always some knickers and a bra?
It's never some bras and a pair of knickers.
Does a bra last longer than knickers?
I'm not very wise in the mysteries of female underwear. :sad:
Bras last a bit longer but the ought to since the cost so friggen much :sad:
CharlesSpooner wrote:
Caniel wrote:Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra :Very Happy
I used to go shopping until I took an arrow to the knee.

I do enjoy that game - incidentally it's what I spent a good portion of my last day off playing.
rofl I've heard 2 guards say that already I thought it was a dialogue bug :D
allish123
Posts: 9
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: What did you do on your day off

Post by allish123 »

Woke up at 5am and went for a little stroll round the lake then stopped of at av cafe for a full breakfast , was a nice morning too lol then went back home and slept again for a couple of hours