ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What did you do on your day off
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: What did you do on your day off
Went to Argos and bought a workbench for the garage. Managed to put it together without injury or even swearing 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
krussel wrote:Went to Argos and bought a workbench for the garage. Managed to put it together without injury or even swearing
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: What did you do on your day off
That's just getting olddvbuk55 wrote:krussel wrote:Went to Argos and bought a workbench for the garage. Managed to put it together without injury or even swearingMy hero. I once bought something that reputedly a ten year old could put together in 30 minutes, several hours and much cursing from me and criticism from she who should know better, I realised that they had duplicated one part and omitted to send the right one, sent the whole lot back and cancelled. Used to be a computer buff in the early days and bought a Lexmark printer which stated "the most difficult thing will be to find where to put it on your desk" - two days later I still hadn't got it to work, had to rang France to speak to the manufacturer only to be told, I think, it didn't support bi-directional prinnting.
These days I'm much more patient and actually read the instructions before starting to build anything, saves time and money (£1 per swear word soon builds up).
And I'm really surprised that something French doesn't do bi
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
Well I wasn't old then DG, I havent always been 49DGP1 wrote:That's just getting olddvbuk55 wrote:krussel wrote:Went to Argos and bought a workbench for the garage. Managed to put it together without injury or even swearingMy hero. I once bought something that reputedly a ten year old could put together in 30 minutes, several hours and much cursing from me and criticism from she who should know better, I realised that they had duplicated one part and omitted to send the right one, sent the whole lot back and cancelled. Used to be a computer buff in the early days and bought a Lexmark printer which stated "the most difficult thing will be to find where to put it on your desk" - two days later I still hadn't got it to work, had to rang France to speak to the manufacturer only to be told, I think, it didn't support bi-directional prinnting.
![]()
These days I'm much more patient and actually read the instructions before starting to build anything, saves time and money (£1 per swear word soon builds up).
And I'm really surprised that something French doesn't do bi![]()
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: What did you do on your day off
Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
I have real issues with building stuff.
I have to lay every single part out neatly,check with the contents,go through each part and sand or file any uneven surfaces open out the instructions...and phone my father-in-law.
He's a joiner ffs.
I have to lay every single part out neatly,check with the contents,go through each part and sand or file any uneven surfaces open out the instructions...and phone my father-in-law.
He's a joiner ffs.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
Why is it always some knickers and a bra?Caniel wrote:some knickers and a bra
It's never some bras and a pair of knickers.
Does a bra last longer than knickers?
I'm not very wise in the mysteries of female underwear.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
For one glorious moment there Caniel I thought you was a bloke........wondered if you met DGP in Europes largest lingerie departmentCaniel wrote:Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
Sadly we both know someone who is rather more familiar with ladies underwear than he should befishtank wrote:Why is it always some knickers and a bra?Caniel wrote:some knickers and a bra
It's never some bras and a pair of knickers.
Does a bra last longer than knickers?
I'm not very wise in the mysteries of female underwear.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
That's the second time I've heard reference to instructions - I'm definitely going to start reading themfishtank wrote:I have real issues with building stuff.
I have to lay every single part out neatly,check with the contents,go through each part and sand or file any uneven surfaces open out the instructions...and phone my father-in-law.
He's a joiner ffs.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
I used to go shopping until I took an arrow to the knee.Caniel wrote:Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra
I do enjoy that game - incidentally it's what I spent a good portion of my last day off playing.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: What did you do on your day off
Not this time as I work from 7ampost_bitch wrote:did u nap before that night outDarren Bent wrote:Dancing all night on Saturday woke up late on Sunday, enjoy 2 American Football match on TV and doing photos for facebook from last night party. Just chilling out and resting.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: What did you do on your day off
dvbuk55 wrote:For one glorious moment there Caniel I thought you was a bloke........wondered if you met DGP in Europes largest lingerie departmentCaniel wrote:Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: What did you do on your day off
Bras last a bit longer but the ought to since the cost so friggen muchfishtank wrote: Why is it always some knickers and a bra?
It's never some bras and a pair of knickers.
Does a bra last longer than knickers?
I'm not very wise in the mysteries of female underwear.
rofl I've heard 2 guards say that already I thought it was a dialogue bug :DCharlesSpooner wrote:I used to go shopping until I took an arrow to the knee.Caniel wrote:Went shopping bought Skyrim and Assassins Creed Revelation for the Xbox, loads of DVDs/Blu-rays, some knickers and a bra
I do enjoy that game - incidentally it's what I spent a good portion of my last day off playing.
-
allish123
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: What did you do on your day off
Woke up at 5am and went for a little stroll round the lake then stopped of at av cafe for a full breakfast , was a nice morning too lol then went back home and slept again for a couple of hours