ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Told to find another job

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
Who doesn't remember those glorious 60s when it was free love :chuckle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Told to find another job

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
Who doesn't remember those glorious 60s when it was free love :chuckle
Was is really free though :hmmmm I still had to pay for it :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Told to find another job

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
Who doesn't remember those glorious 60s when it was free love :chuckle
Was is really free though :hmmmm I still had to pay for it :wink:
Even if you kept the bag on your head?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Told to find another job

Post by DGP1 »

TeeferTiger wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
Who doesn't remember those glorious 60s when it was free love :chuckle
Was is really free though :hmmmm I still had to pay for it :wink:
Even if you kept the bag on your head?
well, you've never complained :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
Who doesn't remember those glorious 60s when it was free love :chuckle
Was is really free though :hmmmm I still had to pay for it :wink:
Well I can honestly say I wasn't involved, but I do remember it. Long haired layabouts getting all the women, make love not war, bunch of wasters - made me wish I wasn't a short haired soldier - mind you it would have helped a bit if I had been in this country for longer than a few weeks at a time - I could have told them I was suffering from premature hairloss as well as - well you know what I mean :nervous :chuckle
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Told to find another job

Post by Stormproof »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
Who doesn't remember those glorious 60s when it was free love :chuckle
Was is really free though :hmmmm I still had to pay for it :wink:
Well I can honestly say I wasn't involved, but I do remember it. Long haired layabouts getting all the women, make love not war, bunch of wasters - made me wish I wasn't a short haired soldier - mind you it would have helped a bit if I had been in this country for longer than a few weeks at a time - I could have told them I was suffering from premature hairloss as well as - well you know what I mean :nervous :chuckle
as long as that is all that was premature....... don't tut I know thats what you ALL were thinking :angel
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by dvbuk55 »

Stormproof wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
Who doesn't remember those glorious 60s when it was free love :chuckle
Was is really free though :hmmmm I still had to pay for it :wink:
Well I can honestly say I wasn't involved, but I do remember it. Long haired layabouts getting all the women, make love not war, bunch of wasters - made me wish I wasn't a short haired soldier - mind you it would have helped a bit if I had been in this country for longer than a few weeks at a time - I could have told them I was suffering from premature hairloss as well as - well you know what I mean :nervous :chuckle
as long as that is all that was premature....... don't tut I know thats what you ALL were thinking :angel
Really? All of them were thinking that................how my performance has suffered now..........I always thought 7 seconds was enough for any woman :cry
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Told to find another job

Post by music4essex »

Stormproof.

I had AOD 3yrs back still have mager problems as you have proberly read a few posts of mine,
Your managers sound like mine and just want you out.

You can at anytime revisit your injury with DOWP to be reassessed , which I would do asap, then try to contact disability champion in your area and explain what has happeneded.

Hopefully something will be able to get sorted along with atos though I don't trust atos,

I am sure there is some sort of indoor work for you to do wether it is just doing dead letters and some sort of sorting work ips, it seems managers cannot think and I had to recently put my own proposal in as managers just could not think of it and it was not rocket science :funneh .
Rm have to make reasonable adjustments to your work to help you out.

Get the DDa sorted aout and you are protected and there is nothing RM can do good luck
Essex mum
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Told to find another job

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Stormproof wrote:
tolkien wrote:i get told that if i dont like it ,to look for another job every time i have an argument with a manager !! :dance :dance
I got told that by some bint (regional director i think) a few years ago, will be having another row with her when she comes into the office again. :angel According to her we don't need toilet breaks because she can go shopping for 4 hours and don't need the loo :cuppa
I remember when I could go on a pub crawl for four hour without needing the bog. :nana Those were the days. :sad:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Told to find another job

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
Who doesn't remember those glorious 60s when it was free love :chuckle
Was is really free though :hmmmm I still had to pay for it :wink:
Even if you kept the bag on your head?
well, you've never complained :wink:
Only because I believed you when you told me you really were Keith Chegwin...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Told to find another job

Post by clashcityrocker »

Cheggers Plays Pop.
That was a rubbish programme.
It was probably on after Blockbusters.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:Cheggers Plays Pop.
That was a rubbish programme.
It was probably on after Blockbusters.
You know you're crap when you're riding the coattails of Noel Edmonds. :roll:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Told to find another job

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Cheggers Plays Pop.
That was a rubbish programme.
It was probably on after Blockbusters.
Before Blockbusters :nervous

Around the same time Runaround (but I think that was on ITV)..........maybe around the same time as Storybook International :shock:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Told to find another job

Post by arnold cheshire »

DGP1 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Cheggers Plays Pop.
That was a rubbish programme.
It was probably on after Blockbusters.
Before Blockbusters :nervous

Around the same time Runaround (but I think that was on ITV)..........maybe around the same time as Storybook International :shock:
i think blockbusters was on about 515pm
stupidboy
Posts: 144
Joined: 26 Mar 2009, 19:05
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by stupidboy »

music4essex wrote:Stormproof.

I had AOD 3yrs back still have mager problems as you have proberly read a few posts of mine,
Your managers sound like mine and just want you out.

You can at anytime revisit your injury with DOWP to be reassessed , which I would do asap, then try to contact disability champion in your area and explain what has happeneded.

Hopefully something will be able to get sorted along with atos though I don't trust atos,

I am sure there is some sort of indoor work for you to do wether it is just doing dead letters and some sort of sorting work ips, it seems managers cannot think and I had to recently put my own proposal in as managers just could not think of it and it was not rocket science :funneh .
Rm have to make reasonable adjustments to your work to help you out.

Get the DDa sorted aout and you are protected and there is nothing RM can do good luck
Essex mum

i'm DDA yet my dom is having me assessed by atos with a view to ill health retirement