ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Virgin media window envelopes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by DGP1 »

krussel wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
marie wrote:my biggest gripe with them is - the data base they are using must be years out of date - still get shed loads of mail for estates that were demolished years ago!
That's because it costs more to update the database than it does to deal with the returns :neutral:

Surely a PAF subscription cant cost a much as the wasted postage. :hmmmm
You'd think that wouldn't you :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Eric
Posts: 116
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 17:22

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by Eric »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
templepilot wrote:it's pain to do it but I write the number on it before throwing it in the frame so I know what number it is if it becomes unreadable out on delivery.
Afraid that I do this too, unless there is no address at all I would be wary about endorsing them.
I do as well :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Why would you go out of your way for a DSA product? If they choose to use our competitors they cannot expect us rectify inadequacies in their addressing.
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by Blue29 »

BELIAL wrote:Surely logic dictates ...
Let me stop you there. i think you can see where I'm going with this. Since when did logic enter the royal mail lexicon? :cuppa

Thanks for having a bash at sounding sensible and thanks to all. Kill off fest here i come :nana :nana :nana
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by BELIAL »

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Bye
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by Indy »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:and they also keep making up address to hope there is a missing house to be found. ie if Smith Road go from 2-56 and there always mail for 58, 60 despite there is no house for this.
They're not the only ones guilty of that.
They are about 90% of the time here :(
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Beardie's got a lot to answer for. :sad: First the trains, now window envelopes. :sad:
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by Lateagainpostie »

Virgin are a real pain, hidden addresses, those that don't exist, but I've seen a worse culprit to cock up your day.

I get loads where the address is so small you need a magnifying glass to read it and theres no option on the red sticker for "can't read the address"
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by DGP1 »

Lateagainpostie wrote:Virgin are a real pain, hidden addresses, those that don't exist, but I've seen a worse culprit to cock up your day.

I get loads where the address is so small you need a magnifying glass to read it and theres no option on the red sticker for "can't read the address"
Have you tried glasses :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Virgin media window envelopes

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:
Lateagainpostie wrote:Virgin are a real pain, hidden addresses, those that don't exist, but I've seen a worse culprit to cock up your day.

I get loads where the address is so small you need a magnifying glass to read it and theres no option on the red sticker for "can't read the address"
Have you tried glasses :nervous
Glasses.
Pint or Half.
- Sorry, wrong thread. :crazy: