ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

6 lots of d2d next wk

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sliders
Posts: 184
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 16:56
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by Sliders »

DirtyHarry wrote:Six lots of door2dustbins, if I have time, I'll do 'em.
If I don't, I won't.
It really is that simple. :cuppa
door2dustbin niceeee :Applause
cityfan39
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 43
Joined: 08 Jun 2011, 10:41
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by cityfan39 »

Door 2 door dustbin.
That's what I did, and got fired for it. Lol.
Feck Royal Mail, the only good thing about
the job, was the crack with your workmates.
Miss that, but absolutely nothing else.
cityfan39
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 43
Joined: 08 Jun 2011, 10:41
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by cityfan39 »

We were getting 4 or 5 every week in our office, and one day
I just thought f@@@ it I've totally had enough of this and
dumped a set in a recycle bin.
Silly me left a sticker on one of em. Got found and I resigned.
If you're going to do it, have your wits about you.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by Straight4ward »

Love 'em or loathe 'em, it's business for RM and helps to keep us in our jobs.

If people moan I always tell them that they help keep the service going. Generally, this quietens the complainers.

I've only once had someone literally throw them at me and I just let them fall to the ground and walked off.
I figured he was well within his rights to litter his own path, if he wanted to. :Very Happy
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
Fishyfingers
Posts: 162
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
Location: Highland

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by Fishyfingers »

Not getting any next week and only 1 during xmas and new year. :dance
MisterSitter
Posts: 28
Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by MisterSitter »

I really don't understand why we're delivering our local college's Spring 2012 Prospectus in the middle of December. Managers should manage the workload for once.
Hitcher
Posts: 1540
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by Hitcher »

Not only did we have Hampshire Now magazine the other week we also had a digital TV guide.

Delivered all of mine over the week (OT & cutoff) but there were literally yorks full of them not delivered - it's criminal.
shipmaster122
Posts: 134
Joined: 16 Sep 2011, 15:43
Gender: Male
Location: Lincoln, England

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by shipmaster122 »

DirtyHarry wrote:door2dustbins
:left: So true though.. Straight in the bin!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

1 - Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
crezz
Posts: 78
Joined: 25 Apr 2011, 16:31
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by crezz »

some of the d2d's are generally pointless, we had thousands of takeaway menu's to deliver, yeah thats fine, but the said takeaway was over 40miles from our office? :roll:
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by Indy »

postmankev wrote:Wish the union said no to any d2d in December
1 last week
0 this week
0 next week

errr... sorry?
wherearewe
Posts: 9
Joined: 19 Dec 2011, 16:34
Gender: Male

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by wherearewe »

none this week 1 last week and it was the same company as we delivered them for the week before and 2 weeks before that? Still can't understand how i get paid less to do more D2D's than someone on a full-time contract doing 150 less houses than me??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wherearewe wrote:none this week 1 last week and it was the same company as we delivered them for the week before and 2 weeks before that? Still can't understand how i get paid less to do more D2D's than someone on a full-time contract doing 150 less houses than me??
You don't no-one gets paid for D2Ds now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
wherearewe wrote:none this week 1 last week and it was the same company as we delivered them for the week before and 2 weeks before that? Still can't understand how i get paid less to do more D2D's than someone on a full-time contract doing 150 less houses than me??
You don't no-one gets paid for D2Ds now.
Even after all these years people still don't understand.................... :roll:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: 6 lots of d2d next wk

Post by Cedar_Room »

0 - last week.

0 - this week.

On leave next week so couldn't care less... :whistle
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”