ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Atos

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

POSTMAN wrote:
smelly_cat_lady wrote:I'm sure someone will correct me on this one if I'm wrong but I think your DOM has to have your permission before ATOS can contact you. Fair play to you for standing up to them!
Yes,they 'should' ask for permission.
Hi
Atos rang today and said someone will ring me Friday sometime between 11.30 and 12.30,what kind of conversation can I expect? By the way I wasnt asked nor did I give my permission.

Thanks again

P
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Atos

Post by General Mannerheim »

smelly_cat_lady wrote:I'm sure someone will correct me on this one if I'm wrong but I think your DOM has to have your permission before ATOS can contact you. Fair play to you for standing up to them!
And what happends if you don't give them permission....... :hmmmm
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

General Mannerheim wrote:
smelly_cat_lady wrote:I'm sure someone will correct me on this one if I'm wrong but I think your DOM has to have your permission before ATOS can contact you. Fair play to you for standing up to them!
And what happends if you don't give them permission....... :hmmmm
Hi
Im sure my DOM would stop my sickpay!
Regards
P
wayoutman
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by wayoutman »

Hi
Im sure my DOM would stop my sickpay!
Regards
P
-----------------------

very true, i had 7 months of agro with RM and atos leading up to my resignation in august.
the system is designed to break you down and make returning to work an easier option than completing your period of sick leave.

basically ATOS can only ask you to return to work, the final decision is yours so long as you are covered by a sick note but expect the usual "is there any reason you couldnt come in and answer the phone/put D2Ds in" or whatever else.

i did have my pay stopped some weeks due to missing ATOS phone calls, but i cottoned on it was winding my DOM up as he was getting it in the neck from DSM (so i obviously had to try it a few times) :Very Happy

i will point out that i had no intention of ever returning to work and if i had needed the job i would have approached it with a different attitude.

stick to your guns and make sure you stay in regular contact with your rep.

all the best with it mate and a happy xmas to all on RMC
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

Hi
Ive just had atos on the phone,she said she thought the hospital telling me not to drive 3 weeks is excessive,and she would have liked to see me back at work before the 27th when my two week sick note is up.I also had a letter from my dom saying I failed to keep a EHS appointment on the 7th the day I went sick and I failed to keep another appointment on the 8th Dec and on the 9th,this is a lie I didnt know about there appointments,he then goes on to say If I fail to keep another appointment he will stop my sickpay and consider charging me with non cooperation of RM sick absence procedure,Whats the best way to deal with this?

Thanks
P
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

phronsias wrote:Hi
Ive just had atos on the phone,she said she thought the hospital telling me not to drive 3 weeks is excessive,and she would have liked to see me back at work before the 27th when my two week sick note is up.I also had a letter from my dom saying I failed to keep a EHS appointment on the 7th the day I went sick and I failed to keep another appointment on the 8th Dec and on the 9th,this is a lie I didnt know about there appointments,he then goes on to say If I fail to keep another appointment he will stop my sickpay and consider charging me with non cooperation of RM sick absence procedure,Whats the best way to deal with this?

Thanks
P
Write back stating that you were not aware you had EHS appointments on these dates and could he kindly advise you how these appointments were made? Had you been aware of these appointments you would most certainly have attended.

What an arse!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by hantsman »

phronsias wrote:Hi
Ive just had atos on the phone,she said she thought the hospital telling me not to drive 3 weeks is excessive,and she would have liked to see me back at work before the 27th when my two week sick note is up.I also had a letter from my dom saying I failed to keep a EHS appointment on the 7th the day I went sick and I failed to keep another appointment on the 8th Dec and on the 9th,this is a lie I didnt know about there appointments,he then goes on to say If I fail to keep another appointment he will stop my sickpay and consider charging me with non cooperation of RM sick absence procedure,Whats the best way to deal with this?

Thanks
P

Whats your Doctor saying? Ask your Dom to put what he said in writing. I would advise not to accept phone calls from Dom and Atos, get them to put things in writing.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

hantsman wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
Ive just had atos on the phone,she said she thought the hospital telling me not to drive 3 weeks is excessive,and she would have liked to see me back at work before the 27th when my two week sick note is up.I also had a letter from my dom saying I failed to keep a EHS appointment on the 7th the day I went sick and I failed to keep another appointment on the 8th Dec and on the 9th,this is a lie I didnt know about there appointments,he then goes on to say If I fail to keep another appointment he will stop my sickpay and consider charging me with non cooperation of RM sick absence procedure,Whats the best way to deal with this?

Thanks
P

Whats your Doctor saying? Ask your Dom to put what he said in writing. I would advise not to accept phone calls from Dom and Atos, get them to put things in writing.
Hi
My DOM has put it in writing (3 letters)
Thanks
P
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by hantsman »

phronsias wrote:
hantsman wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
Ive just had atos on the phone,she said she thought the hospital telling me not to drive 3 weeks is excessive,and she would have liked to see me back at work before the 27th when my two week sick note is up.I also had a letter from my dom saying I failed to keep a EHS appointment on the 7th the day I went sick and I failed to keep another appointment on the 8th Dec and on the 9th,this is a lie I didnt know about there appointments,he then goes on to say If I fail to keep another appointment he will stop my sickpay and consider charging me with non cooperation of RM sick absence procedure,Whats the best way to deal with this?

Thanks
P

Whats your Doctor saying? Ask your Dom to put what he said in writing. I would advise not to accept phone calls from Dom and Atos, get them to put things in writing.
Hi
My DOM has put it in writing (3 letters)
Thanks
P
What re "taking you off pay"
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

hantsman wrote:
phronsias wrote:
hantsman wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
Ive just had atos on the phone,she said she thought the hospital telling me not to drive 3 weeks is excessive,and she would have liked to see me back at work before the 27th when my two week sick note is up.I also had a letter from my dom saying I failed to keep a EHS appointment on the 7th the day I went sick and I failed to keep another appointment on the 8th Dec and on the 9th,this is a lie I didnt know about there appointments,he then goes on to say If I fail to keep another appointment he will stop my sickpay and consider charging me with non cooperation of RM sick absence procedure,Whats the best way to deal with this?

Thanks
P

Whats your Doctor saying? Ask your Dom to put what he said in writing. I would advise not to accept phone calls from Dom and Atos, get them to put things in writing.
Hi
My DOM has put it in writing (3 letters)
Thanks
P
What re "taking you off pay"
Yes
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: Atos

Post by bogstandard »

ultimately the decision to return is yours, not atos. atos will cajole you to return earlier than the sick note. this then helps them of achieving their target of "reducing absence" in RM or whoever they are sub-contracted to do not forget they care very little about you only their bonuses. If you do come in it is your decision. It doesn't hurt to ask atos or even tell them to make contact with your medical team and between three of you you will find the answer about returning and what work you would be doing. Question their medical qualifications ask for a copy, ask for proof. if you come back 1 day or 1 week early the decision is yours and they will have achieved their goal. when you do return to work ask for a copy of the atos report, and pull them on it if it is not accurate. atos only have 40 minutes per call so string it out if you can, they will end the call if you go near going over the allotted time. If you are not happy or confident to return don't, and tell them, e.g. the lino/DOM view your return to work as you being fully fit ready to resume full duties sooner than is realistic or whatever the reason is.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

bogstandard wrote:ultimately the decision to return is yours, not atos. atos will cajole you to return earlier than the sick note. this then helps them of achieving their target of "reducing absence" in RM or whoever they are sub-contracted to do not forget they care very little about you only their bonuses. If you do come in it is your decision. It doesn't hurt to ask atos or even tell them to make contact with your medical team and between three of you you will find the answer about returning and what work you would be doing. Question their medical qualifications ask for a copy, ask for proof. if you come back 1 day or 1 week early the decision is yours and they will have achieved their goal. when you do return to work ask for a copy of the atos report, and pull them on it if it is not accurate. atos only have 40 minutes per call so string it out if you can, they will end the call if you go near going over the allotted time. If you are not happy or confident to return don't, and tell them, e.g. the lino/DOM view your return to work as you being fully fit ready to resume full duties sooner than is realistic or whatever the reason is.
Hi
THats very good advice,thanks very much!!!!!!
All the best
P
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

My Atos report arrived this afternoon and to my surprise Atos believed me about my injuries!!! I see my GP in the morning and although my neck pain isn't as bad, my back is still as painful,it feels as if I've been stabbed in my spine between my shoulder blades,sometimes the pain goes right through to my chest .I know my DOM won't like the report because it supports me and if I can't go back to work next week no doubt the s**t will hit the fan again. I would like to thank everyone here for the very sound advice and wish you all a very happy Christmas and New Year
All the best
P
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by POSTMAN »

No s**t and no fan,ATOS and the doc are on your side,job done.
Get well soon,and enjoy a worry free xmas.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

POSTMAN wrote:No s**t and no fan,ATOS and the doc are on your side,job done.
Get well soon,and enjoy a worry free xmas.
Hi
Thanks for all your avice,have a Happy Christmas and better New Year!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again
P