Anyway we don't use red bands at our office anymore. We've now got bands that don't break so often, they are still s**t but seem to be standing up to the job a bit better.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Elastic Bands
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Elastic Bands
My chickens love elastic bands. On the couple of occassions I've accidently dropped them out of my pocket they've been straight at them. Its like a Benny Hill sketch chasing them round the garden
Anyway we don't use red bands at our office anymore. We've now got bands that don't break so often, they are still s**t but seem to be standing up to the job a bit better.
Anyway we don't use red bands at our office anymore. We've now got bands that don't break so often, they are still s**t but seem to be standing up to the job a bit better.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Elastic Bands
No a high pressure washer clears that problem up quite quickly.clashcityrocker wrote:Do you mean domestic cleaning or are we discussing personal hygiene?TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Strange - I have 2 cats and they take no notice of them. Mind you I do find them, the bands, in some weird places when cleaning.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Elastic Bands
Problem with these bands is that they snap and ping off your bundles when on your walk and you cant find them. They also fall out the holes in our crap delivery bags
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Elastic Bands
The first bit is half an excuse if you can't find where they've pinged off to. Gawd knows where they disappear to sometimes.eastie wrote:Problem with these bands is that they snap and ping off your bundles when on your walk and you cant find them. They also fall out the holes in our crap delivery bags
Can't think where I'd put bands in my delivery bag? The two front pouches are full of p739's, missorts, drinks bottle, sarnie etc
I put mine around my wrist when I take them off the bundle, and then stick them in my pocket at the end of every drop.
Not that hard but obviously way too much for the messy git who covered my round last week. Loads of bands on every street.
It's littering! A criminal offence, dangerous to animals and antisocial. Have no time at all for posties who do this
-
kawoxux
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Elastic Bands
I normally untie the budle over the bag, and just put the bands in the front pocket.L8Hatter wrote:The first bit is half an excuse if you can't find where they've pinged off to. Gawd knows where they disappear to sometimes.eastie wrote:Problem with these bands is that they snap and ping off your bundles when on your walk and you cant find them. They also fall out the holes in our crap delivery bags
Can't think where I'd put bands in my delivery bag? The two front pouches are full of p739's, missorts, drinks bottle, sarnie etc
I put mine around my wrist when I take them off the bundle, and then stick them in my pocket at the end of every drop.
Not that hard but obviously way too much for the messy git who covered my round last week. Loads of bands on every street.
It's littering! A criminal offence, dangerous to animals and antisocial. Have no time at all for posties who do this
-
bsaman
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 08:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Elastic Bands
Hi dont hedgehogs spread TB or is that Badgers they tell me they are great roasted
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Elastic Bands
Badgers or hedgehogs or both?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Elastic Bands
Hedgehogs............peeling them is a real bitch thoughclashcityrocker wrote:Badgers or hedgehogs or both?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Elastic Bands
bake them in clay mud on an open fire and the spines come out when you take the mud off.DGP1 wrote:Hedgehogs............peeling them is a real bitch thoughclashcityrocker wrote:Badgers or hedgehogs or both?![]()
But don't get caught they are a protected species now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Elastic Bands
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:bake them in clay mud on an open fire and the spines come out when you take the mud off.DGP1 wrote:Hedgehogs............peeling them is a real bitch thoughclashcityrocker wrote:Badgers or hedgehogs or both?![]()
But don't get caught they are a protected species now.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio