ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Elastic Bands

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by Stormproof »

My chickens love elastic bands. On the couple of occassions I've accidently dropped them out of my pocket they've been straight at them. Its like a Benny Hill sketch chasing them round the garden :d'oh!
Anyway we don't use red bands at our office anymore. We've now got bands that don't break so often, they are still s**t but seem to be standing up to the job a bit better.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Strange - I have 2 cats and they take no notice of them. Mind you I do find them, the bands, in some weird places when cleaning.
Do you mean domestic cleaning or are we discussing personal hygiene? :hmmmm
No a high pressure washer clears that problem up quite quickly.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by eastie »

Problem with these bands is that they snap and ping off your bundles when on your walk and you cant find them. They also fall out the holes in our crap delivery bags
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by L8Hatter »

eastie wrote:Problem with these bands is that they snap and ping off your bundles when on your walk and you cant find them. They also fall out the holes in our crap delivery bags
The first bit is half an excuse if you can't find where they've pinged off to. Gawd knows where they disappear to sometimes.

Can't think where I'd put bands in my delivery bag? The two front pouches are full of p739's, missorts, drinks bottle, sarnie etc

I put mine around my wrist when I take them off the bundle, and then stick them in my pocket at the end of every drop.

Not that hard but obviously way too much for the messy git who covered my round last week. Loads of bands on every street.

It's littering! A criminal offence, dangerous to animals and antisocial. Have no time at all for posties who do this
kawoxux
Posts: 300
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by kawoxux »

L8Hatter wrote:
eastie wrote:Problem with these bands is that they snap and ping off your bundles when on your walk and you cant find them. They also fall out the holes in our crap delivery bags
The first bit is half an excuse if you can't find where they've pinged off to. Gawd knows where they disappear to sometimes.

Can't think where I'd put bands in my delivery bag? The two front pouches are full of p739's, missorts, drinks bottle, sarnie etc

I put mine around my wrist when I take them off the bundle, and then stick them in my pocket at the end of every drop.

Not that hard but obviously way too much for the messy git who covered my round last week. Loads of bands on every street.

It's littering! A criminal offence, dangerous to animals and antisocial. Have no time at all for posties who do this
I normally untie the budle over the bag, and just put the bands in the front pocket.
bsaman
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 08:00
Gender: Male

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by bsaman »

Hi dont hedgehogs spread TB or is that Badgers they tell me they are great roasted
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by clashcityrocker »

Badgers or hedgehogs or both?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Badgers or hedgehogs or both?
Hedgehogs............peeling them is a real bitch though :nervous :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DGP1 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Badgers or hedgehogs or both?
Hedgehogs............peeling them is a real bitch though :nervous :chuckle
bake them in clay mud on an open fire and the spines come out when you take the mud off.

But don't get caught they are a protected species now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Elastic Bands

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Badgers or hedgehogs or both?
Hedgehogs............peeling them is a real bitch though :nervous :chuckle
bake them in clay mud on an open fire and the spines come out when you take the mud off.

But don't get caught they are a protected species now.
:shock: Does that mean I have to stop cleaning my dirty boots on them :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio