ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Gloves

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Gloves

Post by DGP1 »

DB1100 wrote:I don't bother with gloves,mostly its only the smokers that need gloves,due to bad circulation
When the freezing wind and rain is blowing straight into you and you have nothing to protect your hands then they get cold, mostly my left hand suffers (the one that holds the bundle that doesn't get to move).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Gloves

Post by Pinky 1 »

DGP1 wrote:
theboropostie wrote:Do a search for Hatch Postman Gloves

I got a pair a few years back and they are brilliant!
http://www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product_ ... S430P.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :Very Happy
........ with prices starting from £18 :shock:
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Gloves

Post by DGP1 »

Pinky 1 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
theboropostie wrote:Do a search for Hatch Postman Gloves

I got a pair a few years back and they are brilliant!
http://www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product_ ... S430P.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :Very Happy
........ with prices starting from £18 :shock:
I know, I think I'll stick with my £2 fingerless ones :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Gloves

Post by Straight4ward »

Re: Gloves

Post by DB1100 » Yesterday, 15:34
I don't bother with gloves,mostly its only the smokers that need gloves,due to bad circulation
Raynauds.
Though smoking worsens the condition there is rather more to it than that;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Gloves

Post by DB1100 »

Straight4ward wrote:
Re: Gloves

Post by DB1100 » Yesterday, 15:34
I don't bother with gloves,mostly its only the smokers that need gloves,due to bad circulation
Raynauds.
Though smoking worsens the condition there is rather more to it than that;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
True,but its not that common is it? and with me I just get used to not wearing gloves and after a while your hands get used to it.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Gloves

Post by Straight4ward »

On the contrary, it's extremely common.

It is estimated that 20% of the adult population is affected.

http://www.getpromotion.co.uk/latest-ne ... -sufferers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Gloves

Post by fishtank »

DB1100 wrote: I just get used to not wearing gloves and after a while your hands get used to it.
That doesn't work if you're in and out a van all day.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Gloves

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
DB1100 wrote: I just get used to not wearing gloves and after a while your hands get used to it.
That doesn't work if you're in and out a van all day.
I forgot about that, every 10 to 20 minutes you get back into the van (and the heat) and then out into the cold.................I never needed gloves when I was on foot :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Gloves

Post by DB1100 »

fishtank wrote:
DB1100 wrote: I just get used to not wearing gloves and after a while your hands get used to it.
That doesn't work if you're in and out a van all day.
I'm on park and loop so the van makes no difference to me its pointless having the heater on as it never gets warm and before I was always on foot as I wouldn't use a car
For we were soldiers once,and young
tigercat
Posts: 76
Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 15:01
Gender: Male

Re: Gloves

Post by tigercat »

Fingerless gloves were issued to us all last week in our DO. Lino couldnt be @rsed so he sent one of his lackies round with a boxful and we helped ourselves.
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Gloves

Post by CharlesSpooner »

The cheapo RM issue fingerless have always been good enough for me. And when the temperature drops they're a godsend for those pushing a HCT around. The handlebar gets mighty cold!