When the freezing wind and rain is blowing straight into you and you have nothing to protect your hands then they get cold, mostly my left hand suffers (the one that holds the bundle that doesn't get to move).DB1100 wrote:I don't bother with gloves,mostly its only the smokers that need gloves,due to bad circulation
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Gloves
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Gloves
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Gloves
........ with prices starting from £18DGP1 wrote:http://www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product_ ... S430P.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;theboropostie wrote:Do a search for Hatch Postman Gloves
I got a pair a few years back and they are brilliant!
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Gloves
I know, I think I'll stick with my £2 fingerless onesPinky 1 wrote:........ with prices starting from £18DGP1 wrote:http://www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product_ ... S430P.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;theboropostie wrote:Do a search for Hatch Postman Gloves
I got a pair a few years back and they are brilliant!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Gloves
Raynauds.Re: Gloves
Post by DB1100 » Yesterday, 15:34
I don't bother with gloves,mostly its only the smokers that need gloves,due to bad circulation
Though smoking worsens the condition there is rather more to it than that;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Gloves
True,but its not that common is it? and with me I just get used to not wearing gloves and after a while your hands get used to it.Straight4ward wrote:Raynauds.Re: Gloves
Post by DB1100 » Yesterday, 15:34
I don't bother with gloves,mostly its only the smokers that need gloves,due to bad circulation
Though smoking worsens the condition there is rather more to it than that;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Gloves
On the contrary, it's extremely common.
It is estimated that 20% of the adult population is affected.
http://www.getpromotion.co.uk/latest-ne ... -sufferers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is estimated that 20% of the adult population is affected.
http://www.getpromotion.co.uk/latest-ne ... -sufferers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Gloves
That doesn't work if you're in and out a van all day.DB1100 wrote: I just get used to not wearing gloves and after a while your hands get used to it.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Gloves
I forgot about that, every 10 to 20 minutes you get back into the van (and the heat) and then out into the cold.................I never needed gloves when I was on footfishtank wrote:That doesn't work if you're in and out a van all day.DB1100 wrote: I just get used to not wearing gloves and after a while your hands get used to it.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Gloves
I'm on park and loop so the van makes no difference to me its pointless having the heater on as it never gets warm and before I was always on foot as I wouldn't use a carfishtank wrote:That doesn't work if you're in and out a van all day.DB1100 wrote: I just get used to not wearing gloves and after a while your hands get used to it.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
tigercat
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Gloves
Fingerless gloves were issued to us all last week in our DO. Lino couldnt be @rsed so he sent one of his lackies round with a boxful and we helped ourselves.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Gloves
The cheapo RM issue fingerless have always been good enough for me. And when the temperature drops they're a godsend for those pushing a HCT around. The handlebar gets mighty cold!