ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£100 Christmas "bonus"

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:
RTP wrote: We got a bonus and a box of choccies my first year :dance
We get a box of chocolates passed round the office.
The fat bastards always pick the nice ones and I decline any as I am "watching my figure."
(But really just in case they have been injected with botulism)

I am watching the managers figures, the alleys are not exactly spacious. If 2 met in one alley it would be like 2 super tankers meeting in the Suez.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by Cheetah »

You lot have just spoiled my dinner..... Nearly choked when I read about Lettuce and aster seeds for christmas :crazy: :crazy: ..... Still can't stop bl..dy laughing, brilliant only RM could even dream it up :nana :nana :nana
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by dvbuk55 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
gb93 wrote:£100 paid pro rata on 16th Dec
Cheers gb...Hope Moya can afford it! Don't want to leave her short do we? :wink:
Is 2inch too short? :shock:
matt3c
Posts: 44
Joined: 25 May 2009, 23:23
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by matt3c »

hi, coming upto chirstmas weve been promised full time hours but have not said our contracts will be made up, just coming in early to do early prep overtime, will we be entitiled to the 100 pound or will it be pro rata aeven though we r working 40 hours?
bag69
Posts: 297
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 19:52
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by bag69 »

Unless you get made up to temporary FT then it will be pro rata. Yet another way of saving money, or as i prefer it ripping the workers off.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by BELIAL »

matt3c wrote:hi, coming upto chirstmas weve been promised full time hours but have not said our contracts will be made up, just coming in early to do early prep overtime, will we be entitiled to the 100 pound or will it be pro rata aeven though we r working 40 hours?
:left: :left: :left: :left: Take an educated guess :chuckle
Bye
bydand91
Posts: 69
Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:57
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by bydand91 »

£100 is more than a lot of people get. Don't agree with it being pro ratio,even so I am full time.
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by muzzy »

As above. I worked for a supermarket for years before joining RM and all we got was a bottle of nasty red wine and a box if cheap chocolates. I'll take £100 pro rata'd
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by fishtank »

The £100 is not a freebie.
It's a reward for the extra workload involved with the Christmas period.
The business makes/should make loads of extra cash during the next 7 weeks.
You'll understand better by the 1st of January muzzy. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
heapsy
Posts: 2976
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by heapsy »

Stormproof wrote:
rockytony67 wrote:I got over £400 in 1988 as a Xmas bonus :cry before they took away IWM.
In 1988 we got no bonus because we were a small office (40). We did'nt have the volumn of mail coming though like bigger offices. We did get some seeds though....lettuce, really handy living in a 2nd floor flat :d'oh!
I remember those seeds. :roll: That was my first xmas. :chuckle
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

Those who had started in the previous year often gave the chocolates away as Christmas presents. We usually waited til after Christmas to tell them about the card inside that said 'Merry Christmas from Royal Mail'.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by Darren Bent »

gb93 wrote:£100 paid pro rata on 16th Dec
Is this correct ? Just checking
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by POSTMAN »

Darren Bent wrote:
gb93 wrote:£100 paid pro rata on 16th Dec
Is this correct ? Just checking
Yes.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by Darren Bent »

I am checking because I thought it might come on first weekend and need to know if I can use my bonus for the weekend in Amsterdam or not. Oh well
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: £100 Christmas "bonus"

Post by dvbuk55 »

Darren Bent wrote:I am checking because I thought it might come on first weekend and need to know if I can use my bonus for the weekend in Amsterdam or not. Oh well
Well take out the tax and insurance and what's left won't be enough for what you have in mind Daz :oops: :angel