RTP wrote:
We got a bonus and a box of choccies my first year
We get a box of chocolates passed round the office.
The fat bastards always pick the nice ones and I decline any as I am "watching my figure." (But really just in case they have been injected with botulism)
I am watching the managers figures, the alleys are not exactly spacious. If 2 met in one alley it would be like 2 super tankers meeting in the Suez.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
You lot have just spoiled my dinner..... Nearly choked when I read about Lettuce and aster seeds for christmas ..... Still can't stop bl..dy laughing, brilliant only RM could even dream it up
hi, coming upto chirstmas weve been promised full time hours but have not said our contracts will be made up, just coming in early to do early prep overtime, will we be entitiled to the 100 pound or will it be pro rata aeven though we r working 40 hours?
matt3c wrote:hi, coming upto chirstmas weve been promised full time hours but have not said our contracts will be made up, just coming in early to do early prep overtime, will we be entitiled to the 100 pound or will it be pro rata aeven though we r working 40 hours?
As above. I worked for a supermarket for years before joining RM and all we got was a bottle of nasty red wine and a box if cheap chocolates. I'll take £100 pro rata'd
The £100 is not a freebie.
It's a reward for the extra workload involved with the Christmas period.
The business makes/should make loads of extra cash during the next 7 weeks.
You'll understand better by the 1st of January muzzy.
rockytony67 wrote:I got over £400 in 1988 as a Xmas bonus before they took away IWM.
In 1988 we got no bonus because we were a small office (40). We did'nt have the volumn of mail coming though like bigger offices. We did get some seeds though....lettuce, really handy living in a 2nd floor flat
Those who had started in the previous year often gave the chocolates away as Christmas presents. We usually waited til after Christmas to tell them about the card inside that said 'Merry Christmas from Royal Mail'.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Darren Bent wrote:I am checking because I thought it might come on first weekend and need to know if I can use my bonus for the weekend in Amsterdam or not. Oh well
Well take out the tax and insurance and what's left won't be enough for what you have in mind Daz