ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

National Talks Update

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cut Off King
Posts: 1078
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: National Talks Update

Post by Cut Off King »

I wonder how long RM will string out the talks for ?

I imagine it will be just long enough for the threat of a xmas strike to be over, then it will be back to normal for RM ( ignoring agreements etc. )

:confused
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: National Talks Update

Post by dvbuk55 »

Cut Off King wrote:I wonder how long RM will string out the talks for ?

I imagine it will be just long enough for the threat of a xmas strike to be over, then it will be back to normal for RM ( ignoring agreements etc. )

:confused
No - the CWU wouldn't fall for that again, would they :d'oh! yes of course they would - remember the interim agreement, followed by the worst deal of the century.

I mean how many times have we to hear, full involvement, new respect, new relationship, more talks, joint statement :Sick
vigilante
Posts: 1155
Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
Gender: Male
Location: dangerously close

Re: National Talks Update

Post by vigilante »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Cut Off King wrote:I wonder how long RM will string out the talks for ?

I imagine it will be just long enough for the threat of a xmas strike to be over, then it will be back to normal for RM ( ignoring agreements etc. )

:confused
No - the CWU wouldn't fall for that again, would they :d'oh! yes of course they would - remember the interim agreement, followed by the worst deal of the century.

I mean how many times have we to hear, full involvement, new respect, new relationship, more talks, joint statement :Sick

A comparison, CWU/RM and Cameron/Clegg :hmmmm
Made to look like they are working and agreeing as one but one will always ignore the other when it comes to getting their way! :roll:
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: National Talks Update

Post by dvbuk55 »

vigilante wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Cut Off King wrote:I wonder how long RM will string out the talks for ?

I imagine it will be just long enough for the threat of a xmas strike to be over, then it will be back to normal for RM ( ignoring agreements etc. )

:confused
No - the CWU wouldn't fall for that again, would they :d'oh! yes of course they would - remember the interim agreement, followed by the worst deal of the century.

I mean how many times have we to hear, full involvement, new respect, new relationship, more talks, joint statement :Sick

A comparison, CWU/RM and Cameron/Clegg :hmmmm
Made to look like they are working and agreeing as one but one will always ignore the other when it comes to getting their way! :roll:
Good analogy that - white men speak with forked tongue :chuckle
vigilante
Posts: 1155
Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
Gender: Male
Location: dangerously close

Re: National Talks Update

Post by vigilante »

dvbuk55 wrote:
vigilante wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Cut Off King wrote:I wonder how long RM will string out the talks for ?

I imagine it will be just long enough for the threat of a xmas strike to be over, then it will be back to normal for RM ( ignoring agreements etc. )

:confused
No - the CWU wouldn't fall for that again, would they :d'oh! yes of course they would - remember the interim agreement, followed by the worst deal of the century.

I mean how many times have we to hear, full involvement, new respect, new relationship, more talks, joint statement :Sick

A comparison, CWU/RM and Cameron/Clegg :hmmmm
Made to look like they are working and agreeing as one but one will always ignore the other when it comes to getting their way! :roll:
Good analogy that - white men speak with forked tongue :chuckle
I thought so DV :Very Happy
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.