ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tieing Up Backwards

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Tieing Up Backwards

Post by TeeferTiger »

Ah yes... back to back... I hated that on my frame. Once I knew the street better, I just pulled out the numbers in the order I delivered them rather than flipping the bundle over because that was a ball ache (even if you don't have a pair).

When I passed the round over to someone else, I wrote the order down for the new guy too, because I'm nice like that :Very Happy
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Tieing Up Backwards

Post by clashcityrocker »

This has got to be by far the most ridiculous thread I have ever read on RMC.
Backed streets/flipped bundles.
Whoever thought that up was wired in a very odd way.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Tieing Up Backwards

Post by POSTMAN »

We have a walk that does this at my place,the reason being is that it's flats down a very long walkway,odds on one side even on the right.
It has an upstairs and a downstairs walkway,start at one end and you work your way along,then up,then back along again and you end up where you 1st started.
It works tbh,and i'm a fussy git.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.