ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by muzzy »

What's wrong with the cat trainers??
I've been wearing them since I started 10 weeks ago and have never had sore feet or a blister and they are still wearing well. The cat boots I was supplied are still in the box, I'll be getting them out when the snow arrives.

You can easily waterproof the cat trainers with a spray, saying that, I haven't and haven't had wet feet yet despite a lot of rain last week
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by krussel »

I had a moment with my Mags on a wet path today, just slipped like on ice. I could see nothing really wrong with the path as it was just wet concrete flagstones but my shoes did not like it one bit. :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by DGP1 »

muzzy wrote:What's wrong with the cat trainers??
I've been wearing them since I started 10 weeks ago and have never had sore feet or a blister and they are still wearing well. The cat boots I was supplied are still in the box, I'll be getting them out when the snow arrives.

You can easily waterproof the cat trainers with a spray, saying that, I haven't and haven't had wet feet yet despite a lot of rain last week
10 weeks and mine are in need of replacing but I walk about 12 miles a day on delivery so it's about right according to my podiatrist :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
savo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 411
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by savo »

I have ordered a pair of these :

http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-709-occu ... -8250.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by savo on 16 Nov 2011, 16:45, edited 2 times in total.
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by DGP1 »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trespass-Dodo-W ... 95&sr=1-11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got these..........waterproof and warm so there's no way I'm wearing them for work :crazy:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
savo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 411
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by savo »

They look nice & warm bud, but they look a bit..... how can i put this tactfully ? :roll: special needs :chuckle
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by TeeferTiger »

I had my AOD thanks to the new magnums when they first appeared before you got the choice again. Walking down a path that was slightly damp and my foot just went from under me. Plenty of grip on the shoe, they'd been broken in/scuffed up and so shouldn't have been a problem. But you only had to walk on a metal grid and you skidded. They ordered me new shoes, and they were different again from the ones I had even though I hadn't had them that long so they must've known there was a problem with them to get them changed.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by krussel »

Aprilaydee wrote:I had my AOD thanks to the new magnums when they first appeared before you got the choice again. Walking down a path that was slightly damp and my foot just went from under me. Plenty of grip on the shoe, they'd been broken in/scuffed up and so shouldn't have been a problem. But you only had to walk on a metal grid and you skidded. They ordered me new shoes, and they were different again from the ones I had even though I hadn't had them that long so they must've known there was a problem with them to get them changed.
Jesus metal drain grids are a nightmare in Mags, also those metal rack things that people put on the doormat to scrap mud off their boots, deadly in Mags. :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by DGP1 »

savo wrote:They look nice & warm bud, but they look a bit..... how can i put this tactfully ? :roll: special needs :chuckle
No worse than Magnums but I'm now of an age where I don't care what I look like just as long as I'm comfortable (as I slip into my fleece lined tartan slippers :wink: ).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by clashcityrocker »

Image

I'll put your cocoa on.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by DGP1 »

That'll do nicely CCR, can you bring my slanket too :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
savo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 411
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by savo »

DGP1 wrote:
savo wrote:They look nice & warm bud, but they look a bit..... how can i put this tactfully ? :roll: special needs :chuckle
No worse than Magnums but I'm now of an age where I don't care what I look like just as long as I'm comfortable (as I slip into my fleece lined tartan slippers :wink: ).

Fair play mate, as long as you are happy with em :Applause

My Docs turned up today, wearing em now in the house to start breaking them in, but they actually feel pretty comfy already..

Plus they look seriously stylish, which is nice :Very Happy
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
savo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 411
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

Post by savo »

savo wrote:I have ordered a pair of these :

http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-709-occu ... -8250.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Update: Highly recommend these boots, very slip-resistant & comfy :Very Happy


:ncfo :vcfo and let Dave get us out the EUSSR
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )