What's wrong with the cat trainers??
I've been wearing them since I started 10 weeks ago and have never had sore feet or a blister and they are still wearing well. The cat boots I was supplied are still in the box, I'll be getting them out when the snow arrives.
You can easily waterproof the cat trainers with a spray, saying that, I haven't and haven't had wet feet yet despite a lot of rain last week
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is this more cost cutting on footwear
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
I had a moment with my Mags on a wet path today, just slipped like on ice. I could see nothing really wrong with the path as it was just wet concrete flagstones but my shoes did not like it one bit. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
10 weeks and mine are in need of replacing but I walk about 12 miles a day on delivery so it's about right according to my podiatristmuzzy wrote:What's wrong with the cat trainers??
I've been wearing them since I started 10 weeks ago and have never had sore feet or a blister and they are still wearing well. The cat boots I was supplied are still in the box, I'll be getting them out when the snow arrives.
You can easily waterproof the cat trainers with a spray, saying that, I haven't and haven't had wet feet yet despite a lot of rain last week
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
I have ordered a pair of these :
http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-709-occu ... -8250.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-709-occu ... -8250.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by savo on 16 Nov 2011, 16:45, edited 2 times in total.
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trespass-Dodo-W ... 95&sr=1-11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I got these..........waterproof and warm so there's no way I'm wearing them for work
I got these..........waterproof and warm so there's no way I'm wearing them for work
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
They look nice & warm bud, but they look a bit..... how can i put this tactfully ?
special needs 
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
I had my AOD thanks to the new magnums when they first appeared before you got the choice again. Walking down a path that was slightly damp and my foot just went from under me. Plenty of grip on the shoe, they'd been broken in/scuffed up and so shouldn't have been a problem. But you only had to walk on a metal grid and you skidded. They ordered me new shoes, and they were different again from the ones I had even though I hadn't had them that long so they must've known there was a problem with them to get them changed.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
Jesus metal drain grids are a nightmare in Mags, also those metal rack things that people put on the doormat to scrap mud off their boots, deadly in Mags.Aprilaydee wrote:I had my AOD thanks to the new magnums when they first appeared before you got the choice again. Walking down a path that was slightly damp and my foot just went from under me. Plenty of grip on the shoe, they'd been broken in/scuffed up and so shouldn't have been a problem. But you only had to walk on a metal grid and you skidded. They ordered me new shoes, and they were different again from the ones I had even though I hadn't had them that long so they must've known there was a problem with them to get them changed.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
No worse than Magnums but I'm now of an age where I don't care what I look like just as long as I'm comfortable (as I slip into my fleece lined tartan slipperssavo wrote:They look nice & warm bud, but they look a bit..... how can i put this tactfully ?special needs
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear

I'll put your cocoa on.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
That'll do nicely CCR, can you bring my slanket too 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
DGP1 wrote:No worse than Magnums but I'm now of an age where I don't care what I look like just as long as I'm comfortable (as I slip into my fleece lined tartan slipperssavo wrote:They look nice & warm bud, but they look a bit..... how can i put this tactfully ?special needs
).
Fair play mate, as long as you are happy with em
My Docs turned up today, wearing em now in the house to start breaking them in, but they actually feel pretty comfy already..
Plus they look seriously stylish, which is nice
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
savo wrote:I have ordered a pair of these :
http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-709-occu ... -8250.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Update: Highly recommend these boots, very slip-resistant & comfy
:ncfo :vcfo and let Dave get us out the EUSSR
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )