ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Double slots

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Double slots

Post by POSTMAN »

dave72 wrote:I have trebles on mine and have to use the top shelf of the fitting. My shoulder is feeling the strain :shock:
Is it worth me telling you that that is a no no.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Double slots

Post by dave72 »

POSTMAN wrote:
dave72 wrote:I have trebles on mine and have to use the top shelf of the fitting. My shoulder is feeling the strain :shock:
Is it worth me telling you that that is a no no.
I know, the union have said so too.

I have asked for an extra wing but all I get is a shrug of the shoulders and something about no money or parts to do it :sad:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Double slots

Post by clashcityrocker »

dave72 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
dave72 wrote:I have trebles on mine and have to use the top shelf of the fitting. My shoulder is feeling the strain :shock:
Is it worth me telling you that that is a no no.
I know, the union have said so too.

I have asked for an extra wing but all I get is a shrug of the shoulders and something about no money or parts to do it :sad:
So you take away the dividers off the top of the frame and when you have finished tying up the rest of the walk, then you prep that section of the walk that was previously at the top.
Yes it will take longer which means either more overtime for you or less delivery.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.