Dr Martens. Break them in gently and nothing comes close.savo wrote: What would you recommend if you could pick from the whole market, not just the crap that RM offers ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is this more cost cutting on footwear
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
Awesome !!clashcityrocker wrote:
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
NewPostieUK wrote:Dr Martens. Break them in gently and nothing comes close.savo wrote: What would you recommend if you could pick from the whole market, not just the crap that RM offers ?
I like Docs, used to wear em a lot when i was younger ( the shoes, not the cherry red boots ..... ) have vague memories of them being a bit slippy in wet and icy conditions ???
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
I always wore Doc Martens and I still have a pair of size 9's in the box unused which I have been saving for a rainy day.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
I ordered a new pair of boots about 4 weeks ago...got them last week.dvbuk55 wrote:I always wore Doc Martens and I still have a pair of size 9's in the box unused which I have been saving for a rainy day.
One of the guys retired last week...got a pair of his(new
On Saturday a line manager came round taking orders for new boots...i ordered a pair.
On Monday another line manager did the same...i ordered another pair.
I'm expecting a lot of rain....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
I will have a look on M&M's see if they doing any yellow docs, claret & blue is ok as well 
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
Our H&S Rep has been doing the rounds asking everyone to order boots/shoes ready for winter. Checking up on the manager who is supposed to order them to discover he can only order, according to him, 2 pairs a day sooooooooooooo 80 days later pair 1 and 2 will have worn out before pair 79 and 80 arrivefishtank wrote:I ordered a new pair of boots about 4 weeks ago...got them last week.dvbuk55 wrote:I always wore Doc Martens and I still have a pair of size 9's in the box unused which I have been saving for a rainy day.
One of the guys retired last week...got a pair of his(new)
On Saturday a line manager came round taking orders for new boots...i ordered a pair.
On Monday another line manager did the same...i ordered another pair.
I'm expecting a lot of rain....
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
I've never noticed any problems with grip. But I do know that they have 2 different soles, depending on the style of boot. The ones with the chunky soles (which RM provide) are great. But as several people have already said: Be careful to break them in gently. If you don't, you'll end up with loads of blisters. If you DO break them in gently though, they're very comfortable. Although the ones that RM provide now, aren't as good as the older ones. Or even the ones in the shops. They're just not as comfortable as they were. But they're still better than the awful Magnums! Still, what can we expect from RM, eh?savo wrote:NewPostieUK wrote:Dr Martens. Break them in gently and nothing comes close.savo wrote: What would you recommend if you could pick from the whole market, not just the crap that RM offers ?
I like Docs, used to wear em a lot when i was younger ( the shoes, not the cherry red boots ..... ) have vague memories of them being a bit slippy in wet and icy conditions ???
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
jeanie
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 28 Aug 2010, 19:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
Why can't we have proper walking boots, I go walking in the country and have zambalan walking boots, these are specially designed for walking, trailed and tested so why don't rm provide us with some. The docs, magnam and cat footwear arn't designed for walking so why are we made to wear them!! We get told that if we have an accident on duty and not wearing the footwear rm provide us with then we are not insured and yet they wern't designed and made for walking. On top of that I also have an issue with the fitting of these footwear, they called them unisex and yet they are a mans fitting so like me I have to wear 2 pairs of socks plus 4 prs of insole so they fit me, why can't we have male and female fittings like before.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
Because they would cost too much.jeanie wrote:Why can't we have proper walking boots.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
Zamberlan Men's 1025 Tofane Gore-tex® Rr Nw Walking Bootclashcityrocker wrote:Because they would cost too much.jeanie wrote:Why can't we have proper walking boots.
Amazon.co.uk
£280.00
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
kendo1
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 12:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
I find cat boots really comftable on my 3rd or 4 th pair .Postman Plodd wrote:Cat boots, 3rd pair, had them a couple of months and there's a hole in the sole at the heel already.
Last cat boots complaind to managers that they just do not last very long.
New boots only 6 weeks old have got wholes in them already in sole.
Looks like the Cats are being made of cheap material .
Cats are great when new but when worn feel like walking in barefeet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
RM would be looking to move a decimal point.................2 placesfishtank wrote:Zamberlan Men's 1025 Tofane Gore-tex® Rr Nw Walking Bootclashcityrocker wrote:Because they would cost too much.jeanie wrote:Why can't we have proper walking boots.
Amazon.co.uk
£280.00
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
oypostie
- Posts: 920
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
£28000.00 Must be for Moya 
-
jeanie
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 28 Aug 2010, 19:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this more cost cutting on footwear
My zamberlan boots were £38.00 a few years ago. If bought in bulk the cost would come down. Manager has just ordered boots for everyone for the winter, Cat boots are heavy and the fitting not suitable for me but im forced to wear them.
