That's obviously a Big problem FT and I hear what you're saying. I'm not suggesting that
Anyone should be penalised for coming into work and doing the job that they've been employed to do...and certainly not discriminating against those that can only work within those parameters.
What I am suggesting is the current "One Size Fits All" doesn't seem applicable either.

As you suggest some colleagues who "Work" 60+ Hours a week are taking the mick, and merely "Clock Watching" to get the extra wages, whilst actually providing very little extra value for the Business. On the other hand a PTer may come in and work their Bits of for only 6 hours, and actually provide more value for the Business.

But who is thought the better of?
The point I was trying to make is that just because someone's served many years, often on the same duty, often with no knowledge of any other Duties within the Office (and therefore incapable of doing IPS) and totally unwilling to be even the slightest bit flexible, it doesn't make them a "Good Asset"
(although they are fulfilling their contract) However from a
"Business" point of view.......That Postie is not as Effective as perhaps a less "Senior" postie who is the opposite.
I believe the "Benefit" to the Business should be reflected in their wages!
