ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

OK whats your choice of apparel in Royal Mail shirts.

New Style Unisex Blouse
9
7%
Red Polo Shirt
45
36%
Old Style Blue Shirt
71
57%
 
Total votes: 125

DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:it amazed me there is no blue polo shirt option.
There is..................you have to be an engineer though :roll:
I'll just bet you voted for the blouse option DG :chuckle :chuckle
I personally wanted a naked option (well, just a hi-viz).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:it amazed me there is no blue polo shirt option.
There is..................you have to be an engineer though :roll:
I'll just bet you voted for the blouse option DG :chuckle :chuckle
I personally wanted a naked option (well, just a hi-viz).
Surely not! You wouldn't want to be drawing attention to your nether regions :shock:
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts

Post by blue1873 »

Cheetah wrote:All we ever hear is how crap the new uniform is !!!!! Because It Is....... So how do they find the creatures in that propoganda voice paper to try and convince us it's great :crazy: :crazy: ...... It's cheap and nasty, even the gaffas boys (and girls) in our office have nothing but complaints for it. I did think the Kagoule was a usefull edition for spring and summer showers, but the thing isn't blooming waterproof..... USELESS the whole lot, bring back the trousers (winter and summer pairs) with the red piping on the pockets and the clarkes shoes, Smart, Profesional and Very comfortable and Efficient, we used to look the part not like a bl..dy piza delivery boy :mad :mad :no no :no no

And the thermal jacket with the detachable sleeves......now that was a good bit of kit :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts

Post by stokes11eg »

blue1873 wrote:
Cheetah wrote:All we ever hear is how crap the new uniform is !!!!! Because It Is....... So how do they find the creatures in that propoganda voice paper to try and convince us it's great :crazy: :crazy: ...... It's cheap and nasty, even the gaffas boys (and girls) in our office have nothing but complaints for it. I did think the Kagoule was a usefull edition for spring and summer showers, but the thing isn't blooming waterproof..... USELESS the whole lot, bring back the trousers (winter and summer pairs) with the red piping on the pockets and the clarkes shoes, Smart, Profesional and Very comfortable and Efficient, we used to look the part not like a bl..dy piza delivery boy :mad :mad :no no :no no

And the thermal jacket with the detachable sleeves......now that was a good bit of kit :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
:Very Happy I'm still wearing the remains of one! Sewn again and again--LOL 9Not my original one, but I gleaned one from our storeroom a few years ago!)
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Old Blue Shirt > Red Polo > New Unisex shirt/blouse.....in that order.

I'm a bit more annoyed about the fact that the new shirt seems to have a bit more room in the cut around the chest for the ladies but the trousers don't seem to offer the same luxury to the gents. I've took to not wearing a belt and wearing the trousers a bit low - snug and high leaves a rather noticeable outline :oops:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by dvbuk55 »

CharlesSpooner wrote:Old Blue Shirt > Red Polo > New Unisex shirt/blouse.....in that order.

I'm a bit more annoyed about the fact that the new shirt seems to have a bit more room in the cut around the chest for the ladies but the trousers don't seem to offer the same luxury to the gents. I've took to not wearing a belt and wearing the trousers a bit low - snug and high leaves a rather noticeable outline :oops:
Have you got much money in your wallet then charlie - stick it in your leg pocket and leave the rolled up socks at home. :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Noctua
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 15:25
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by Noctua »

I feel like im in the 70's bouncing down the road in my platform magnums, flared grey trousers and massive collar blue shirt! night fever night fever! :dance
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Noctua wrote:I feel like im in the 70's bouncing down the road in my platform magnums, flared grey trousers and massive collar blue shirt! night fever night fever! :dance
Open up that shirt, spray your ID badge gold and wear it round your neck for the full effect.