ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

OK whats your choice of apparel in Royal Mail shirts.

New Style Unisex Blouse
9
7%
Red Polo Shirt
45
36%
Old Style Blue Shirt
71
57%
 
Total votes: 125

viking
Posts: 245
Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 21:22
Gender: Female

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts

Post by viking »

Wearing the red polo shirts does not single us out as posties. Have noticed that these are also worn by Meter Readers, local nursery school workers, local pizza delivery people, local double glazing fitters and some refuse collection workers :shock: Or have royal mail got plans for us to take on some of these jobs also on "Light"days. One shirt fits all! :shock:
blackadder
Posts: 584
Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
Location: deep south

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts

Post by blackadder »

blue shirt with red cod piece. sex on a stick i hear you say :Very Happy
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72774
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Seeing as a Pelapardavety from Odessa leeps wanting to have polls lets set one up - will edit first post to start one
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts

Post by stokes11eg »

Cheetah wrote:All we ever hear is how crap the new uniform is !!!!! Because It Is....... So how do they find the creatures in that propoganda voice paper to try and convince us it's great :crazy: :crazy: ...... It's cheap and nasty, even the gaffas boys (and girls) in our office have nothing but complaints for it. I did think the Kagoule was a usefull edition for spring and summer showers, but the thing isn't blooming waterproof..... USELESS the whole lot, bring back the trousers (winter and summer pairs) with the red piping on the pockets and the clarkes shoes, Smart, Profesional and Very comfortable and Efficient, we used to look the part not like a bl..dy piza delivery boy :mad :mad :no no :no no
:Very Happy YIP--the ols uniform was the best--and it lasted!
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts

Post by NewPostieUK »

stokes11eg wrote: :Very Happy YIP--the ols uniform was the best--and it lasted!
My old uniform (issued 3 - 4 years ago) didn't last five minutes. Maybe you mean the Old old uniform, before my time.

I prefer the new trousers, they are a good fit. The button popped off first wear but so what, I'll wear a belt. The only problem is, they will only give you two pair, so I'll still have to wear my old ones (or my own supplied) for at least a year, 2 or 3 times a week, depending on what day wash day is.

I prefer the Polo shirt, well I would if it wasn't red. I'd love a Blue one, or even black.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts

Post by stokes11eg »

NewPostieUK wrote:
stokes11eg wrote: :Very Happy YIP--the ols uniform was the best--and it lasted!
My old uniform (issued 3 - 4 years ago) didn't last five minutes. Maybe you mean the Old old uniform, before my time.

I prefer the new trousers, they are a good fit. The button popped off first wear but so what, I'll wear a belt. The only problem is, they will only give you two pair, so I'll still have to wear my old ones (or my own supplied) for at least a year, 2 or 3 times a week, depending on what day wash day is.

I prefer the Polo shirt, well I would if it wasn't red. I'd love a Blue one, or even black.
:Very Happy LOL I'm going back a long time! when I first started, uniforms where made to measure--hard to believe, but true. You waited about six weeks,but everyting fitted to a t, and lasted! The trousers had piping down the sides, and had a twilly feel, which made them water resistant! Shoes and boots were made by Clerks, and again fitted perfectly! Shirts ant ties were the order of the day,
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by Indy »

tvpunter wrote:Time has come i think to replace blue with Red..more posties in red then blue ?
Reason I wear the red polo shirt is that it doesn't show the sweat/stains as obviously as the blue shirt. Also after about a month the blue shirt has a grime stain where the pouch strap rubs against it that no amount of soaking or washing removes.
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by Royal_Fail »

Red shirts in summer and long sleeved blue for winter.Have my own cagoule that i wear over fleece or under storm coat to keep dry.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

The red polo shirts do have their place, especially on the cooler winter days (with other layers), but for most of the year its the blues for their pockets and lightweight breathability.
barongreenback
Posts: 13
Joined: 19 Jul 2011, 15:02
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by barongreenback »

I sent my blue shirts back to uniform stores because the fit was so bad.The polo shirts look ok but they are soaking wet (sweating my bollocks off) by the time I get home.The red cagoules are total shite.They might be windproof but aint showerproof (so totally pointless).The shorts are too long and the pockets not big enough.

After all these years why can't they design and manufacture a decent uniform that is fit for purpose? Who are these people that trial new items? I kept reading in the courier about how fantastic this new uniform was going to be and that it was being put through it's paces in various offices up and down the country before being rolled out nationally.Did anybody actually do a delivery in this uniform for more than a couple of days before realising that it is crap?
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by Blue29 »

OR.... how about we don't bother with a uniform, save a bit of fuss and money and still toe the H&S line by naming it - hi viz vests -
SF
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
Gender: Male
Location: Midlands.

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by SF »

In my opinion the blue shirts always look scruffy. They get creased and have often display visible sweat stains. I don't know of any other laboring jobs that have their employers wear button up shirts.. I was forever sewing on new buttons where I'd get them caught on my pouch.

Red polos are more practical IMO. It also makes us standout in public which is a good thing. And don't go on about the high vis, nobody wears the things.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by Darren Bent »

it amazed me there is no blue polo shirt option.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by DGP1 »

Darren Bent wrote:it amazed me there is no blue polo shirt option.
There is..................you have to be an engineer though :roll:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:it amazed me there is no blue polo shirt option.
There is..................you have to be an engineer though :roll:
I'll just bet you voted for the blouse option DG :chuckle :chuckle