ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
-
viking
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 21:22
- Gender: Female
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts
Wearing the red polo shirts does not single us out as posties. Have noticed that these are also worn by Meter Readers, local nursery school workers, local pizza delivery people, local double glazing fitters and some refuse collection workers
Or have royal mail got plans for us to take on some of these jobs also on "Light"days. One shirt fits all! 
-
blackadder
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
- Location: deep south
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts
blue shirt with red cod piece. sex on a stick i hear you say 
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72774
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts
Seeing as a Pelapardavety from Odessa leeps wanting to have polls lets set one up - will edit first post to start one
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts
Cheetah wrote:All we ever hear is how crap the new uniform is !!!!! Because It Is....... So how do they find the creatures in that propoganda voice paper to try and convince us it's great![]()
...... It's cheap and nasty, even the gaffas boys (and girls) in our office have nothing but complaints for it. I did think the Kagoule was a usefull edition for spring and summer showers, but the thing isn't blooming waterproof..... USELESS the whole lot, bring back the trousers (winter and summer pairs) with the red piping on the pockets and the clarkes shoes, Smart, Profesional and Very comfortable and Efficient, we used to look the part not like a bl..dy piza delivery boy
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts
My old uniform (issued 3 - 4 years ago) didn't last five minutes. Maybe you mean the Old old uniform, before my time.stokes11eg wrote:YIP--the ols uniform was the best--and it lasted!
I prefer the new trousers, they are a good fit. The button popped off first wear but so what, I'll wear a belt. The only problem is, they will only give you two pair, so I'll still have to wear my old ones (or my own supplied) for at least a year, 2 or 3 times a week, depending on what day wash day is.
I prefer the Polo shirt, well I would if it wasn't red. I'd love a Blue one, or even black.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts
NewPostieUK wrote:My old uniform (issued 3 - 4 years ago) didn't last five minutes. Maybe you mean the Old old uniform, before my time.stokes11eg wrote:YIP--the ols uniform was the best--and it lasted!
I prefer the new trousers, they are a good fit. The button popped off first wear but so what, I'll wear a belt. The only problem is, they will only give you two pair, so I'll still have to wear my old ones (or my own supplied) for at least a year, 2 or 3 times a week, depending on what day wash day is.
I prefer the Polo shirt, well I would if it wasn't red. I'd love a Blue one, or even black.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
Reason I wear the red polo shirt is that it doesn't show the sweat/stains as obviously as the blue shirt. Also after about a month the blue shirt has a grime stain where the pouch strap rubs against it that no amount of soaking or washing removes.tvpunter wrote:Time has come i think to replace blue with Red..more posties in red then blue ?
-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
Red shirts in summer and long sleeved blue for winter.Have my own cagoule that i wear over fleece or under storm coat to keep dry.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
The red polo shirts do have their place, especially on the cooler winter days (with other layers), but for most of the year its the blues for their pockets and lightweight breathability.
-
barongreenback
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 19 Jul 2011, 15:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
I sent my blue shirts back to uniform stores because the fit was so bad.The polo shirts look ok but they are soaking wet (sweating my bollocks off) by the time I get home.The red cagoules are total shite.They might be windproof but aint showerproof (so totally pointless).The shorts are too long and the pockets not big enough.
After all these years why can't they design and manufacture a decent uniform that is fit for purpose? Who are these people that trial new items? I kept reading in the courier about how fantastic this new uniform was going to be and that it was being put through it's paces in various offices up and down the country before being rolled out nationally.Did anybody actually do a delivery in this uniform for more than a couple of days before realising that it is crap?
After all these years why can't they design and manufacture a decent uniform that is fit for purpose? Who are these people that trial new items? I kept reading in the courier about how fantastic this new uniform was going to be and that it was being put through it's paces in various offices up and down the country before being rolled out nationally.Did anybody actually do a delivery in this uniform for more than a couple of days before realising that it is crap?
-
Blue29
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
OR.... how about we don't bother with a uniform, save a bit of fuss and money and still toe the H&S line by naming it - hi viz vests -
-
SF
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midlands.
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
In my opinion the blue shirts always look scruffy. They get creased and have often display visible sweat stains. I don't know of any other laboring jobs that have their employers wear button up shirts.. I was forever sewing on new buttons where I'd get them caught on my pouch.
Red polos are more practical IMO. It also makes us standout in public which is a good thing. And don't go on about the high vis, nobody wears the things.
Red polos are more practical IMO. It also makes us standout in public which is a good thing. And don't go on about the high vis, nobody wears the things.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
it amazed me there is no blue polo shirt option.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
There is..................you have to be an engineer thoughDarren Bent wrote:it amazed me there is no blue polo shirt option.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Blue shirts...Red Shirts:POLL
I'll just bet you voted for the blouse option DGDGP1 wrote:There is..................you have to be an engineer thoughDarren Bent wrote:it amazed me there is no blue polo shirt option.