ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

spiders

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: spiders

Post by arty_morty »

I had to deliver to an address with a wasps nest in full bloom right below the front door. The sods were flying in and out of it past my ears while I was waiting the resident to open the door. I almost lobbed the packet to him.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: spiders

Post by DGP1 »

arty_morty wrote:I had to deliver to an address with a wasps nest in full bloom right below the front door. The sods were flying in and out of it past my ears while I was waiting the resident to open the door. I almost lobbed the packet to him.
Wrong, mark that up as WAL and return the mail to the office and tell your DOM to sort it out.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: spiders

Post by Lounge Lizard »

arty_morty wrote:I had to deliver to an address with a wasps nest in full bloom right below the front door. The sods were flying in and out of it past my ears while I was waiting the resident to open the door. I almost lobbed the packet to him.
I'm told some lighter fuel and a match is the best way of dealing with a wasp's nest. :nana
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: spiders

Post by Straight4ward »

Image
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: spiders

Post by clashcityrocker »

Saw some wonderful spider's webs today.
The most impressive must have had support lines about 2 metres in length.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: spiders

Post by Blue29 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Saw some wonderful spider's webs today.
The most impressive must have had support lines about 2 metres in length.
Was the spider crawling up the back of your neck while you were admiring the web? :nervous
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: spiders

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Saw some wonderful spider's webs today.
The most impressive must have had support lines about 2 metres in length.
:chuckle :chuckle Walking into then is like walking into piano wire :nervous except with a really angry spider shaking it's fists at you :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: spiders

Post by krussel »

Saw some great webs today full of dew :Very Happy

At least its a change from stepping on snails :Sick :Sick
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........