ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Managers Suspended

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by muzzy »

i found 3 "live" letters today in the cubby hole in my frame under a pile of bags and rubbish that i decided to clear out as i had a few mins spare this morning while waiting for the late post to come in. These letters were dated back to July :shock:
I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner! Also even stranger, they werent even for the walk that belongs to my frame!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by fishtank »

muzzy wrote: I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner! Also even stranger, they werent even for the walk that belongs to my frame!
Were they all for the same address?
If so it may be personal mail belonging to one of your colleagues.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by Indy »

muzzy wrote:I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner!
Yes it is... its your responsibility to ensure your frame and work area are clear.
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by muzzy »

fishtank wrote:
muzzy wrote: I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner! Also even stranger, they werent even for the walk that belongs to my frame!
Were they all for the same address?
If so it may be personal mail belonging to one of your colleagues.
No, 3 different addresses for different streets but probably on same round as all near to each other
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by muzzy »

Indy wrote:
muzzy wrote:I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner!
Yes it is... its your responsibility to ensure your frame and work area are clear.
Fair enough, I'll take my disciplinary action after the other umpteen people working my round before me take theirs!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by fishtank »

muzzy wrote: Fair enough, I'll take my disciplinary action after the other umpteen people working my round before me take theirs!
Muzzy...you're getting used to this place. :Very Happy
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
minimumstandard
Posts: 134
Joined: 28 Jul 2010, 12:17
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by minimumstandard »

dont work like that in your office mate, make sure you look after number one. Don't give em any cause to discipline you.
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by muzzy »

minimumstandard wrote:dont work like that in your office mate, make sure you look after number one. Don't give em any cause to discipline you.
I made a couple of cock ups on filling out P739's? Last week, not filling in the name just address, honest mistake and was brought to my attention by the Asst manager or whatever his title is? He seemed to see it as an honest oversight and was fair and nice about it.
All I have read on here so far is to watch out for managers as they will f**k you over, so far in my short time I havd found the managers pleasant and appear to get their hands dirty.
My last place I was at "large supermarket chain" the numerous managers would never speak to you even to say good morning and the only time they did speak to you was to have a moan or give a bollocking
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by Indy »

Some will complain about managers come what may but I've always tried to take a fair and balanced view on the subject. There is a lino here that can't do their job* and I'm suspecting is only kept on because there very easily manipulated and if the shite does ever hit the fan will make an excellent 'fall guy'. This person has constantly been promoted to get rid of them. On the whole I've tended to find most managers O.K but I tend to keep my head down and do my job. YMMV

* even other/all mangers openly think he's a joke. I suspect he thinks the same about himself.
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by axeman »

you'll soon frind they are devious b*stards who will drop you in deep shi* to give themselves more brownie points .., and with all managers who crawl out from under the fittings they by nature can not be trusted :wink:
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Managers Suspended

Post by not me »

daveyeff wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:I don't think the issue was whether the office was clear or not.
The issue was declaring it clear when it wasn't.
most of them declare it clear when it isnt,,loads of parcels left undone. 'thousands' of d2ds failed and put down as 100% delivered. if it was us, we,d be on the dole. they should all be rooted out to give them the taste of their own lash!! :evil/mad

I like to take a sneaky pic of any failed mail the managers have hidden if i get the chance
never know when i may need it