I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner! Also even stranger, they werent even for the walk that belongs to my frame!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Managers Suspended
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
i found 3 "live" letters today in the cubby hole in my frame under a pile of bags and rubbish that i decided to clear out as i had a few mins spare this morning while waiting for the late post to come in. These letters were dated back to July
I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner! Also even stranger, they werent even for the walk that belongs to my frame!
I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner! Also even stranger, they werent even for the walk that belongs to my frame!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
Were they all for the same address?muzzy wrote: I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner! Also even stranger, they werent even for the walk that belongs to my frame!
If so it may be personal mail belonging to one of your colleagues.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
Yes it is... its your responsibility to ensure your frame and work area are clear.muzzy wrote:I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner!
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
No, 3 different addresses for different streets but probably on same round as all near to each otherfishtank wrote:Were they all for the same address?muzzy wrote: I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner! Also even stranger, they werent even for the walk that belongs to my frame!
If so it may be personal mail belonging to one of your colleagues.
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
Fair enough, I'll take my disciplinary action after the other umpteen people working my round before me take theirs!Indy wrote:Yes it is... its your responsibility to ensure your frame and work area are clear.muzzy wrote:I only started 3 weeks ago so it aint my fault guvner!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
Muzzy...you're getting used to this place.muzzy wrote: Fair enough, I'll take my disciplinary action after the other umpteen people working my round before me take theirs!
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
minimumstandard
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 28 Jul 2010, 12:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
dont work like that in your office mate, make sure you look after number one. Don't give em any cause to discipline you.
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
I made a couple of cock ups on filling out P739's? Last week, not filling in the name just address, honest mistake and was brought to my attention by the Asst manager or whatever his title is? He seemed to see it as an honest oversight and was fair and nice about it.minimumstandard wrote:dont work like that in your office mate, make sure you look after number one. Don't give em any cause to discipline you.
All I have read on here so far is to watch out for managers as they will f**k you over, so far in my short time I havd found the managers pleasant and appear to get their hands dirty.
My last place I was at "large supermarket chain" the numerous managers would never speak to you even to say good morning and the only time they did speak to you was to have a moan or give a bollocking
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Managers Suspended
Some will complain about managers come what may but I've always tried to take a fair and balanced view on the subject. There is a lino here that can't do their job* and I'm suspecting is only kept on because there very easily manipulated and if the shite does ever hit the fan will make an excellent 'fall guy'. This person has constantly been promoted to get rid of them. On the whole I've tended to find most managers O.K but I tend to keep my head down and do my job. YMMV
* even other/all mangers openly think he's a joke. I suspect he thinks the same about himself.
* even other/all mangers openly think he's a joke. I suspect he thinks the same about himself.
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: Managers Suspended
you'll soon frind they are devious b*stards who will drop you in deep shi* to give themselves more brownie points .., and with all managers who crawl out from under the fittings they by nature can not be trusted 
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Managers Suspended
daveyeff wrote:most of them declare it clear when it isnt,,loads of parcels left undone. 'thousands' of d2ds failed and put down as 100% delivered. if it was us, we,d be on the dole. they should all be rooted out to give them the taste of their own lash!!clashcityrocker wrote:I don't think the issue was whether the office was clear or not.
The issue was declaring it clear when it wasn't.
I like to take a sneaky pic of any failed mail the managers have hidden if i get the chance
never know when i may need it