ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

People who get loads of packets

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by POSTMAN »

clashcityrocker wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:PACKET TEMPLATE
Is that another one of those "Do not clink on this link" ones?
NO!
But this one is and i wouldn't click on it if i was you.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by Blue29 »

POSTMAN wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:PACKET TEMPLATE
Is that another one of those "Do not clink on this link" ones?
NO!
But this one is and i wouldn't click on it if i was you.
I wouldn't click on it if I were you either :sad:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by DGP1 »

Mr Blonde wrote: That would all be very good but this customer doesn't come and get them, they have them redelivered and there have been occasions where they've not been there for the "en masse" redelivery.
Still not a problem, just a bit annoying, just think of the cut offs for your manager to deliver :nana :nana :nana
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
daveallum
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 175
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 17:42
Gender: Male

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by daveallum »

Mr Blonde wrote:And are never in get on my tits.

I have one person, day after day, has a minimum of a tray of packets some of which will go through the door, some won't so have to come back. Surely there must be some kind of arrangement that we can come to with customers as regards situations like these? It's farcical that I'm just taking packets out for a ride every day.
I have to agree with all the sentiments written but the one thing that really does bug me is those people who order stuff from say Amazon/Play.com etc and pay for a special delivery and then are not in,gives me great pleasure to write out a 739 especially if it is a saturday and even more so if the following monday is a bank holiday.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by clashcityrocker »

Why do you always do this to me.
You know I can resist anything except temptation.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by Mr Blonde »

daveallum wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:And are never in get on my tits.

I have one person, day after day, has a minimum of a tray of packets some of which will go through the door, some won't so have to come back. Surely there must be some kind of arrangement that we can come to with customers as regards situations like these? It's farcical that I'm just taking packets out for a ride every day.
I have to agree with all the sentiments written but the one thing that really does bug me is those people who order stuff from say Amazon/Play.com etc and pay for a special delivery and then are not in,gives me great pleasure to write out a 739 especially if it is a saturday and even more so if the following monday is a bank holiday.
I think thats probably down to Amazon Prime isn't it? Doesn't everything get sent SD like that?

It's a shame that very few people seem to understand why I've posted this and disappointing too that a few posters are having their own discussion in the same thread.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12214
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Mr Blonde wrote:
daveallum wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:And are never in get on my tits.

I have one person, day after day, has a minimum of a tray of packets some of which will go through the door, some won't so have to come back. Surely there must be some kind of arrangement that we can come to with customers as regards situations like these? It's farcical that I'm just taking packets out for a ride every day.
I have to agree with all the sentiments written but the one thing that really does bug me is those people who order stuff from say Amazon/Play.com etc and pay for a special delivery and then are not in,gives me great pleasure to write out a 739 especially if it is a saturday and even more so if the following monday is a bank holiday.
I think thats probably down to Amazon Prime isn't it? Doesn't everything get sent SD like that?

It's a shame that very few people seem to understand why I've posted this and disappointing too that a few posters are having their own discussion in the same thread.
For Amazon Prime it doesn't always even go via us. I think it partly depends on the value of whatever is being sent and probably partly on whoever has an artic ready for loading. It's hit and miss as to whether the RM Tracking appears on the "your orders" page on Amazon so people can't always tell if the item has been scan as out on delivery. They might not be willing to take the chance of wasting a day waiting and finding that the item didn't make it onto the van. Often I've found that the tracking number doesn't even get sent when things get sent bt RM Tracked or RM Special Delivery
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by OnAFlyer »

Mr Blonde wrote:And are never in get on my tits.

I have one person, day after day, has a minimum of a tray of packets some of which will go through the door, some won't so have to come back. Surely there must be some kind of arrangement that we can come to with customers as regards situations like these? It's farcical that I'm just taking packets out for a ride every day.
I started a new walk a few weeks ago, and it's unbelievably quiet around the area I deliver. Nobody is ever in, at the moment i'm 739'ing (is that even a word :crazy: ) a dozen packets a day just for my half, and some of them are the same houses every single day. What a p*ss take when you empty the packet bag out and see all the same addresses you 739'd the day before.
bitchface
Posts: 211
Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 06:51
Gender: Male
Location: somerset

Re: People who get loads of packets

Post by bitchface »

if you are a p/l guy then you have to attempt deliver no matter how annoying.if the worst comes to the worst you could always burn the house down one night.then see if the packets stop :evil/mad