This is true as evidenced by the survey over on the 'Stop Junk Mail' site: http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/features ... efault.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;clashcityrocker wrote:I have tried opting out at my home address - not because I am particularly averse to my postie shoving some leaflets through my door, but simply because I wanted to see how well the system worked.
It doesn't work.
IIRC the opt outs in our office are usually listed in the Walk Log. Reserves and others on walks are hardly likely to check through these for the (probable) 1 or 2 opts outs at most. So the D2D goes to every address. Even some regulars don't bother or simply forget. The exceptions I've seen to this is one walk which has a card in with the redirections. So if you've got one in there for that address, you can then take it out. It is also written on the frame itself under the delivery point number. I'm nearly certain the person in question complained and complained to get this done as I've never seen any other walk with deals with opt-outs like this.