ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Coming soon to a fitting near you.
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
Pretty much the same in our office :
No talking on IPS
No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished
No radio on anymore
It's that bad posties approaching retirement are handing their notice in and leaving early, and I mean 3-4 months early
No talking on IPS
No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished
No radio on anymore
It's that bad posties approaching retirement are handing their notice in and leaving early, and I mean 3-4 months early
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
I agree with that one,and i'm a smoker.No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
Only 2 smokers left in my office and neither do IPS so that wouldn't apply in my DO................but then there are only 4/5 people on IPS these day (long deliveries and double/triple preps take up the rest of the people).POSTMAN wrote:I agree with that one,and i'm a smoker.No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished
BTW how can anyone have time to smoke these days, outside my break I'm constantly on the go and I barely finish on time.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
Our DOM has been told to lose 200 indoor hours (small office 40 staff)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this works out at 5 hours per man/woman, 3 hours to do everything.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this works out at 5 hours per man/woman, 3 hours to do everything.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
200 hours would be per week not per day. Works out at 5 FT staff gone (same thing they keep going on with in my DO).dblad wrote:Our DOM has been told to lose 200 indoor hours (small office 40 staff)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this works out at 5 hours per man/woman, 3 hours to do everything.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
mondeoman1
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
Done that and will be contacting him Monday.drb wrote:Find out who your divisional rep is
Unfortunately not everyone would follow.fishtank wrote:Isn't that what the gate is for?mondeoman1 wrote: i've been in touch with area rep and tried to explain the situation but he wont come to the office as the last time he did the DIM refused him entry and sent him packing.
The no talking on IPS really gets my goat, most people can talk and sort perfectly well, the ones that have to stop sorting to talk (we have 3 that can't do both) should be taken off IPS to prep walks. Can they even enforce no talking because they would have to sack me first to stay silent on IPS.Lateagainpostie wrote:Pretty much the same in our office :
No talking on IPS
No breaks (cigarette or other wise) until IPS is finished
No radio on anymore
It's that bad posties approaching retirement are handing their notice in and leaving early, and I mean 3-4 months early
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
How does having a radio on effect how fast people sort? I presume it's just designed to annoy everyone and "Turn the Screw" a bit more. Are they stopping you from listening to an I-Pod? I find I can concentrate and sort faster when I'm not distracted by the "Office Banter" so perhaps they do have a point!Lateagainpostie wrote:Pretty much the same in our office :
No radio on anymore
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
mondeoman1
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
I love the office banter and am a frequent contributor,It keeps me happy and makes me work better. We are all individual and different things make us tick. Removing everything that we all enjoy either individually or collectively is their way trying to grind us down. The trouble is it is working on certain people in my DO and they will end up either being sacked or quitting.Dorset Plodder wrote:How does having a radio on effect how fast people sort? I presume it's just designed to annoy everyone and "Turn the Screw" a bit more. Are they stopping you from listening to an I-Pod? I find I can concentrate and sort faster when I'm not distracted by the "Office Banter" so perhaps they do have a point!Lateagainpostie wrote:Pretty much the same in our office :
No radio on anymoreBut I've never found a radio slows me down!
Where is the union?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
Of course a radio can slow you down or speed you up.
It is like the bloke beating the rhythm for the rowers on a slave ship.
I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.
I have been tested listening to Bob Marley and achieved 26.
I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.
It is like the bloke beating the rhythm for the rowers on a slave ship.
I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.
I have been tested listening to Bob Marley and achieved 26.
I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
If you can't sort with fingers in your ears it would undoubtedly be a fail.clashcityrocker wrote: I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
clashcityrocker wrote:Of course a radio can slow you down or speed you up.
It is like the bloke beating the rhythm for the rowers on a slave ship.
I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.
I have been tested listening to Bob Marley and achieved 26.
I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
Was it 78 rpm?clashcityrocker wrote: I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.
Isn't there scope for alternative lyrics there?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
mondeoman1
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
clashcityrocker wrote:Of course a radio can slow you down or speed you up.
It is like the bloke beating the rhythm for the rowers on a slave ship.
I have been minute tested on IPS while listening to Stiff Little Fingers and achieved 42 letters/minute.
Must have been "At the edge".
I have been tested listening to Bob Marley and achieved 26.
I would have fallen asleep before I got 26 letters sorted, sorry don't like bob much though I know I should.
I am not sure what effect Jedward would have on performance.
Jedward are at their best on celebrity juice.
Last edited by mondeoman1 on 04 Sep 2011, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
Alternative FT? I don't think so
They make us feel indebted
For saving us from hell
And then they put us through it
It's time the bastards fell.
As the great man sang:
Their solutions are our problems.
They make us feel indebted
For saving us from hell
And then they put us through it
It's time the bastards fell.
As the great man sang:
Their solutions are our problems.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Coming soon to a fitting near you.
Don't believe them, don't believe themclashcityrocker wrote:Alternative FT? I don't think so
They make us feel indebted
For saving us from hell
And then they put us through it
It's time the bastards fell.
As the great man sang:
Their solutions are our problems.
Don't be bitten twice
You've got a sus-sus-sus-sus-sus-sus-suspect device
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio